Home

5 Run 9th Inning

This is a discussion on 5 Run 9th Inning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

OVR: 0
5 Run 9th Inning

After being shut out for 8 innings, I get 5 runs in the 9th inning off of 3 homeruns, the last one being a walk-off with 2 outs and 2 strikes.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNm4-AGcu_s

After I get a hit with Hank Conger, I was tempted to pinch run for him, which is why I have it paused for a while. Also I was late on a lot of pitches because I am currently using a different TV than I am used to. Pretty awesome nonetheless!
Houston Rockets

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 5 Run 9th Inning

While this is a great comeback, it also illustrates how The Show might benefit from toning down long balls to the opposite field... as all three HRs are to the opposite side.

At least the it's not the kind we saw often before MLB 12 where you can hit inside pitches to the other way with authority (those were weird...), but it think it's still too rewarding to go the opposite way. The idea should be, if you wait a bit longer to see a pitch well, you gain pitch recognition at the expense of power, which you generate more with pulling.

The way we can generate power going the other way, it is too good a strategy regardless of player types and situations.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I'm waiting for the inevitable obligatory "comeback code" conspiracy theory post.
Also, congrats!
#44Syracuse
Old 12-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
MVP

Awesome! Once in game 7 of the world series, I was down by 2, with 2 outs and none on. I hit a single with Jeter, followed by a 02 single with A-rod, and then on a 3 and 2 pitch, hit a walkoff 3-run-homer with Cano!
Old 12-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

I can see that about hitting opposite field homers. I only play with timing and I don't think I've ever hit one directly to opposite field though, at least not on low and away pitches like that. The other batting modes just seem gamey and gimicky to me, leading to stuff like that. I try to smack everything back into center, which is great for fastballs and sliders, then the hooks and changeups get pulled naturally. When I go the other way I usually already have two strikes and don't generate a ton of power. I think the options definitely there to play it sim if you want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »