Home

My MLB 15 Quality Wish List by HB

This is a discussion on My MLB 15 Quality Wish List by HB within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
My MLB 15 Quality Wish List by HB

These are not in most important order first, But hopefully all get looked into and not ignored.

1. We need full editing capabilities in the online franchise such as being able to edit players jersey numbers,changing there position, making a SP a RP or vice versa. I am not asking necessarily to edit ratings on players in the online franchise the ratings can stay grayed out still , but all the other things that we need to be able to edit is a must in any online franchise.

2. We need the ability to export and import players into MLB 15 that were on previous MLB THE SHOW GAMES, this mean real actual MLB players not the created ones as we are already able to do this with those. This has been an issue when accidentally a real MLB player has been imported over and no way to get him back other than recreated them. Would like to see in MLB 15 players on this game also available to export and import. I know that SCEA developers enjoy putting themselves into the game at launch so why not let us export these players and change them into look alike MLB players missing from the game? This would really help creating missing minor leagues as well. As a roster creator myself one of the hardest faces to do are the JAPAN faces and I know there have been some japan developer faces added to the game in recent years this would allow us to turn that developer face into a real MLB player.

3. Would like to see player profile pictures change based off of ESPN, fox sports or mlb.com player profile picture. This way when in real life there traded there photo will change for that team, as in real life usually these websites have the players photo updates within 24 hrs. This would work for people who dont keep rosters updated but many of us who enjoy doing this it would look realistic.

4. We need WEATHER added. Weather is a big part of baseball. Would like to see it automatically change in the game as if its cold see the fog from players mouth when breathing,dirt look wet from rain,and some type of rain delays. Maybe tie in weather.com into the game and whatever city the home team is in is the actual weather for that day? If a game starts cloudy then later on as game goes along just let it start raining on its own. The weather should effect the pitchers command and the batters swings as it does in real life.

5. Pitch speed needs to be addressed for MLB 15 with the pitch speed looking more realistic as the visual in MLB 14 in head to head games look very slow like your watching it in slow motion. When a pitcher has nasty pitches and breaks on his pitches or thows high 90's-100 mph the game should replicate this. I want to see the nasty movement on the pitchers pitches offline and online.

6. Base running needs to be revamped from the ground up making the reaction and controls feel more fluid instead of the players feeling jerky and base running buttons issues occurring. Most of the time the buttons are delayed and not very responsive causing base running errors ending in outs. The controls need to be more responsive and player models reacting to the controls smoother.

7. VERY IMPORTANT! Please bring back when your playing online especially in online franchise games human vs. human that we see exactly the same thing on our screen as there seeing on there's. In MLB 14 the animations were completely off as I played several games with a good friend and we never seen the same thing on his or my tv screen. In MLB 11,12, and 13 this worked like it should please bring it back.

8. When creating a player the name input should allow us to create these long names now in baseball. The number for last names at least should be 15 letters.

9. I have asked for this for a few years now but can you please add API (CATCHER CALL) as an option for human vs human games? It currently is there for human vs CPU now but would like to be able to use this in head to head games as well. Maybe add Inside edge to the catcher's call based off the past 3 seasons.

10. In the online franchise would like to to see the actual real MLB schedule including real off days. In MLB 14 the 2014 MLB schedule was added but the days and dates did not match up. Would like to see actual game start times included and maybe added on the schedule screen withing the square for that date.

11. The online franchise needs the 40 man roster added, player options added, waiver wire and the rule 5 draft in June.

12. SLIDERS - We need a separate slider for infield and outfield speed, then a catcher throw speed. Same goes for arm strength slider needs to be seperate slider for infield, outfield and catcher arm strength and a separate reaction slider for infield, outfield and catcher.

13. We need a complete transaction log for the online franchise. In MLB 14 the only transaction that would show in the event log was when a player you traded or you signed a free agent or released a player. To help the commissioner a full transaction log would help prevent league owners from sending guys down or calling guys up on a daily basis without the commissioner knowing or approval. The full transaction log would keep things honest.

14. The commissioner for online franchises need more flexibility when it comes to fixing teams in the online franchise when you happen to get a bad owner who decides to release players into the free agency and quits league. In MLB 14 there were some bad owners in leagues that did this leaving the commissioner noway fixing and getting team back to its original state. With salary cap issues, amount of money to spend to sign players etc made it really tough to sign the players released back. Maybe give the commissioner only a way to over ride transactions, signing players back at no cost?

15. We need to be able to see the player card of players were placing into our lineup to see what there backup positions are this is at the beginning of a game like online, online franchise etc...all head to head games.

16. Finally but not least custom camera for head to head games online in the online franchise, and for a few years now when you throw back to 2nd base the defensive player is so far off the bag not covering 2nd base or the runner.

17. Would like to see collisions added. I think it can change the outcome of a game or play. The players should not be running thru each other.

Last edited by Houston; 03-03-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Banned

Re: My MLB 15 Quality Wish List by HB

excellent truth !!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

Great thread regarding weather....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ther-show.html

and Jayson Heyward type helmets should be added.

06/10/13
When fog engulfed Chicago: A look at Monday's Cubs and White Sox games

http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2013/06/...hite-sox-games

Last edited by Houston; 12-29-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

Hey OS feel free to add on to this if anything you would like to see get added that I have not mentioned yet.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

Just checking to see if anyone would like to add anything to this list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

There needs to be major improvements to base running coming from playing many online franchise games on MLB 14 The Show. I have experienced so many base running blunders costing me many runs I should have had.

Another annoying issue is in the same games hum vs hum we do not see the same thing on screen, one might see the player getting called out and on the other persons TV you player will be called safe. Replays one ones TV will play out and the other person TV the screen just looks like it froze this is because the first person is watching the replay, You would think we both can see the exact same thing on each persons TV without any freeze up or delays. I would like to go back to MLB 12 or 13 online experience where when playing online you can see the same exact presentation while playing a live human player.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

g-burn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
Just checking to see if anyone would like to add anything to this list.
If I could add anything to this list, it would be expanded career stat tracking. I'd also like to see player resumes on player cards that keep track of career accolades such as awards, all star selections, statistical championships, and WS rings.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:46 AM   #8
MVP

Houston's Arena

Now that we have had several streams and I have noticed a few things added from my wish list here, hoping a lot of the other things get added in before launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »