Home

MLB The Show Franchise tips for beginner

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Franchise tips for beginner within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Franchise tips for beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Yes I know, this is a fair point. I meant more along the lines of not being able to edit the contracts. My real problem is say you start a new season with the OSFM rosters. At the end of the year, none of the guys created have any sort of contract and there is a long list of players to go through to sign and such.
well good thing u can edit in 2015.....and for the newbie. If u think theres a ton now....just be glad u didnt play when u have to manage concessions and all that. Us hardcore guys def miss that and hope it makes its way back in the near future but ya for beginners, their heads would explode! Just study up on the rules of everything. If ur a fan of baseball u should anyways IMO.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:30 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
Is there somewhere where I can learn about how the staff works as well as training? My buddy saw a YouTube video about how the staff works but forgot where he saw it.

Like if I have a 3rd base coach with +1 speed - how does that work? +1 to all players?

And can you actually see a difference if you change training sessions from one training session to the next?
yes u can c a difference. just make sure to look and see how much ur guys progressed!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #19
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

I've always felt like the offseason had a lot going on and the game menus were lacking. It made it hard to track what exactly was going on with your team. Who was sign, who wasn't, who was on what roster... I always had issues filling AA and A rosters.

Granted a lot of that was due to expiring contracts after the first year because of how the imported rosters worked. Hopefully it will be improved with the ability to edit contracts.

Are contact edits something that can be done and uploaded with rosters in the vault?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12
I've always felt like the offseason had a lot going on and the game menus were lacking. It made it hard to track what exactly was going on with your team. Who was sign, who wasn't, who was on what roster... I always had issues filling AA and A rosters.

Granted a lot of that was due to expiring contracts after the first year because of how the imported rosters worked. Hopefully it will be improved with the ability to edit contracts.

Are contact edits something that can be done and uploaded with rosters in the vault?
man I hope it can be done in the fault cuz if u can only edit contracts in franchise mode then u better make sure u find a team and STICK WITH IT! imagine doing all that work only to start over....that would hurt!
Old 02-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #21
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
yes u can c a difference. just make sure to look and see how much ur guys progressed!
Ok, thanks. But is there any place where I can learn just how the staff works as well as training? Like do they go hand and hand? Meaning if I have a 3rd base coach with +1 speed - how does that work? Doe it give +1 to all players?
Or do they have to work with that coach?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
Ok, thanks. But is there any place where I can learn just how the staff works as well as training? Like do they go hand and hand? Meaning if I have a 3rd base coach with +1 speed - how does that work? Doe it give +1 to all players?
Or do they have to work with that coach?
i couldnt tell u exactly but i just go for the best i can find on my style of play
Old 02-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
well good thing u can edit in 2015.....and for the newbie. If u think theres a ton now....just be glad u didnt play when u have to manage concessions and all that. Us hardcore guys def miss that and hope it makes its way back in the near future but ya for beginners, their heads would explode! Just study up on the rules of everything. If ur a fan of baseball u should anyways IMO.
Yes this is exciting and a good move in the right direction. Hopefully they stick to their word about gutting franchise next year to give it a major overhaul.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12

First off there is a menu where you can see what players you have signed and the ones that remained unsigned. It is after the RF's in the free agent list and click L1 when you are at the starters and it shows you one of the lists, I can't remember which one is first but they are back-to-back.

And we don't know the particulars of editing contracts but if the things in the player editor are the similar to the past games I am going to say no. Because the only way you could view contracts last year was in franchise or RTTS. Maybe you could see them in season mode but I wouldn't know because I never played that mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »