Home

Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #33
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show

What can they change? Huh? Really??
Here's an idea.... Stats, cpu roster AI, changeable schedule, cpu pitching AI, budgets that don't need non stop workarounds...
No doubt the game is strong and I'm thankful that we've had a solid baseball game to play but that was then this is now.
I have no problem letting time tell.... and that's what I'll do.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #34
MVP

tnixen's Arena

One of the big things that would really make MLB The Show even more realistic then it already is is if Sony would bring in Real Life Manager and player tendencies. And also much better CPU AI including better Bull Pen logic! This game is so darn good already but a lot of times when playing against the CPU I really question the CPU manager moves. Especially when dealing with how long they leave in or take out the starting pitcher. I mean like one example I have seen often where the CPU starting pitcher is pitching a fantastic game like maybe given up only 1 or 2 hits with around 75 pitches thrown into the 6th inning and then he perhaps gets into a little trouble maybe giving up 2 hits and the manager brings it the bull pen. I mean the CPU manager should give the starting pitcher a chance to pitch his way out of it. It's these kind of things that have me scratching my head sometimes when playing MLB The Show. I also think the CPU AI for batting attempts bunts to much or when the situation does not really call for it. Like for example I have seen the CPU first and second batters in the 9th inning down in the game attempt back to back bunts even after the first batter bunt attempt to get on was unsuccessful.

All I am saying is there is a whole lot of room for improvement when it comes to MLB The Show's CPU AL and logic both for players and managers!! And that should be a be the number 1,2 or 3 focus going forward if it's not already

Last edited by tnixen; 01-29-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #35
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Probably a couple of CG guys doing a bad Kung Fu lip synch. Probably stats on the screen don't really see the point of it all.
I was thinking more along the lines of the radio show that was on one of the Madden games back in the mid 2000's. Probably just someone talking stats and predictions while in the menu screen. I'd say it will give information like the news paper they used to have did. I expect it to be something annoying that will cause me to hit the mute button than something overwhelming. But maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised. Hoping for the latter.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #36
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

Wow you say a couple negatives about a great game and people are on you like white on rice. No game is perfect and there is room for improvement in every game. For those who say baseball is a game where not much changes from year to year, well news flash for you, that is the same for all sports!! Doesn't mean they can't make a game better especially when upgrading to a new console. All I am saying is that when the PS4 came out these was so much talk on how they can do soooo much more then the PS3. Well i haven't seen it with the show 14 and by the sounds of it with the list that came out, we are not seeing it in 15 either. I will stil buy the game but my expectations are low.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #37
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
Wow you say a couple negatives about a great game and people are on you like white on rice. No game is perfect and there is room for improvement in every game. For those who say baseball is a game where not much changes from year to year, well news flash for you, that is the same for all sports!! Doesn't mean they can't make a game better especially when upgrading to a new console. All I am saying is that when the PS4 came out these was so much talk on how they can do soooo much more then the PS3. Well i haven't seen it with the show 14 and by the sounds of it with the list that came out, we are not seeing it in 15 either. I will stil buy the game but my expectations are low.
Ohhh so true!! Welcome to the show forums... Lol
Old 01-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #38
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
little different when they had 6 or more years on the PS3 to implement the game, here we are on its really first release
Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #39
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
little different when they had 6 or more years on the PS3 to implement the game, here we are on its really first release
Second release
Old 01-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Second release
first year with full dev cycle

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »