Home

Any confirmation on classic stadiums?

This is a discussion on Any confirmation on classic stadiums? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:47 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any confirmation on classic stadiums?

Honestly, I'd rather have the option to use just uprezzed versions of the PS3 classic stadium models on PS4 than not have them at all.

Or at least fancy fictional stadiums that look similar to the stadiums of yore.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #18
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
Haven't been able to find out any info on classic stadiums returning. All these great improvements so I hope they add them back.
Yes, Tropicana Field, Oakland Coliseum & Marlins Park are all in!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 AM   #19
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
No on the roofs
Well maybe next year right.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #20
Rookie

billyo's Arena

OVR: 4

Baseball is about history. I for one, believe that the old stadiums that have been in before, should be included. Does the payment for use of these stadiums' likeness have to be paid yearly or one time? I don't know the answer to this.

The games of old, ASB etc, didn't seem to have trouble getting them. I would be willing to add them as 'paid' downloadable content. That way, assuming it would be cost effective , SCEA would not be on the hook for large sums of money.

End rant!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo
Baseball is about history. I for one, believe that the old stadiums that have been in before, should be included. Does the payment for use of these stadiums' likeness have to be paid yearly or one time? I don't know the answer to this.

The games of old, ASB etc, didn't seem to have trouble getting them. I would be willing to add them as 'paid' downloadable content. That way, assuming it would be cost effective , SCEA would not be on the hook for large sums of money.

End rant!
the one thing you would have to consider though is the amount of people that are using classic stadiums, the actual usage of classic stadiums vs the cost.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #22
Rookie

billyo's Arena

OVR: 4

countryboy, I understand what you are saying and my age is showing but I feel like it would add so much, at least to my gaming experience. I love what the guys at SCEA do,( I think they are the best) but I wonder what competition would bring to the table. ( I am not trying to start another discussion about other games) I am an old fart that grew up watching baseball in the 60's and for me those will always be my favorite days as a fan. I also understand that I am not in SCEA's targeted age group.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
countryboy, I understand what you are saying and my age is showing but I feel like it would add so much, at least to my gaming experience. I love what the guys at SCEA do,( I think they are the best) but I wonder what competition would bring to the table. ( I am not trying to start another discussion about other games) I am an old fart that grew up watching baseball in the 60's and for me those will always be my favorite days as a fan. I also understand that I am not in SCEA's targeted age group.
don't get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE for them to bring back classic stadiums. I was just pointing out that while I agree with your idea/concept and would gladly pay for them via DLC, I'm not sure SCEA could get enough support to off-set the cost of licensing.

Granted, I'm not sure how the whole licensing and all works.

Baseball is stats and history. I would take classic stadiums over current stadiums any day of the week. This why I love Fenway and Wrigley, because even though they are "modernized" they still have the feel of the old stadiums.

Sorry if my post came across as combative or trying to negate your concept/idea.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #24

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

End rant!
I imagine there would be both a base cost plus royalties so they would get paid for the use of the stadium plus a percentage of overall sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »