Home

Diamond Dynasty, Is it like MUT ?

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty, Is it like MUT ? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty, Is it like MUT ?

The videos already posted are all we know right now as the mode has been completely redesigned for this year. In older versions it was all about a completely custom team (fake players) and manually improving them all. This year they are making it more like Ultimate Team with the focus on real player cards to collect.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #10
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyerb
What's the goal of the mode? Is there a season/standings/online leaderboards?
Yes there are leaderboards and standings just like online head to head.

Unless they changed it, there is also 5 "divisions" that you can work up to:
ST - Spring Training (This is where everyone starts)
SS - Season Series
DS - Division Series ("Middle Class")
CS - Championship Series
WS - World Series (About 20-40 teams might reach this level)
Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM   #11
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

The main difference between DD and the other Ultimate Team modes was that you could fill an entire roster out with created players. You could customize name, equipment, stance, etc. You still get the one created player this year, but it is becoming more similar to UT in the basic way it functions as a mode.

You still get the whole create a team aspect of the mode though and if you want to use it that way you can and just play offline games with your fantasy team.

I always enjoyed the create a team aspect of the mode and the ability to "create" a bunch of fake players, but I get why they want to move it closer to UT as a mode since those are so successful. DD has been a bit too tedious for most people, even me at points (I'm looking at you inability to import logos). Hopefully eliminating nearly all of the "fake" stacked players and replacing it with MLB players will get more people interested in the mode. My fear though is that we start seeing teams that look very similar to eachother as time goes on and people acquire better cards. Once you get the best SS in the game, you'll likely use him forever for example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #12
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

For a time, I manually copied many of DrSublime's awesome CAPs but it was too much work for just 30-40 games. Now, there's no expiring contracts so there's no need to rush through the create-a-player menus like before.

There's just one created player so I hope folks don't pitch around everyone's "Barry Bonds" dude.

There's is a logo vault but I didn't share any of my masterpieces, unfortunately. I would have shared them if I had gotten a some stubs for them.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #13
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Going forward I hope they stay away from the bull**** stuff from 2K like Onyx, Pink Diamond, Super Glittery Triple plus Diamond cards. Keep it simple and add challenges and other ways to unlock packs and special cards.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #14
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

I haven't been keeping up with DD lately. Will it have QC this year? I found the games just took too long for me last year after I was spoiled with quick counts.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #15
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I haven't been keeping up with DD lately. Will it have QC this year? I found the games just took too long for me last year after I was spoiled with quick counts.
I don't think so again this year due to it throwing the balance out of wack. One reason would be that people using QC's get through games faster which equals more money earned in the mode.

What I wonder more is if directional hitting will be allowed in PvP. Maybe this was answered somewhere, but I can't see directional hitting being balanced at all if you are playing against someone using analog or zone. Directional just seems like timing with a bit of influence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #16
Rookie

Thanks guys it won't matter really just curious if i ever get a ps4. I'll be getting it for the vita in March

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »