Home

UNIMPRESSED with MLB 15 so far... and some SOLUTIONS!

This is a discussion on UNIMPRESSED with MLB 15 so far... and some SOLUTIONS! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon11 UNIMPRESSED with MLB 15 so far... and some SOLUTIONS!

considering the audience on these forums lean more towards the hardcore fan than casual fan, i'm well aware of the probable backlash of responses. But it's also the minority of the people buying the game.

i've bought mlb almost every year, and while i AM a big fan, i feel like the devs have really dropped the ball this year. Putting their energy into the wrong things. Even though i'll probably end up picking it up because i'll still get some hours of gameplay, i can't help than feel less than excited. This time last year i couldn't get enough, this year, the streams are a snoozefest.

The 'don't care' list...
1. Logo licensing.. no, this is not a selling point. I don't care if there's a nike logo on my pitchers glove. You could customize every color/aspect about the gloves last year, a logo change is nothing too exciting. Only die hards will care, and they are the minority.
2. Dynamic Dynasty cards... most don't play, most won't play
3.The radio breakdown show gets old FAST. Cool idea, maybe limit to info regarding your team only.
4. in no way is tweaking outfielder paths to balls 'game changing.'
5. They've now broken/changed analog hitting...super. It used to be the happy medium between timing and zone... b/c you still aimed left, middle or right... now its more timing based and changes the swing to contact for left and right? lame.
6. i DON'T need to see the path of the ball from the pitcher to the catcher. pointless

What they should've done...
1. Make ONLINE WORK! jesus christ, how is it still broken? I'm sure it'll be 'BETTER,' as they've stated, but in no way is anyone in their department claiming that it's fixed.

2. make defense less AUTOMATIC. playing defense is BARELY more engaging than auto fielding. 'ball pops up, HUGE baseball circle that takes no skill or effort to run into, and wait for ball to fall. - Make the marker smaller and more engaging to time, or even bring back the big shadow that didn't pinpoint the ball location to a tee, so you have to put effort into these plays/ engage.
3. I do like the stadium/lighting fixes. Good fix

4. Make hitting more fun. Add a hitting/pitching cursor to align and have a more arcade-like option to hitting. Easy to implement and would appeal to a huge demographic. (see THIS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/722901-2-new-modes-added-easily.html )

5. Add a 'classic' mode to the game that limits the pitch height and you play from a Further back/higher camera (emulating older baseball games). This would be an easy option to toggle on/off and also appeal to a huge demographic. Creating these kind of further-back camera angles would also make it more enjoyable to see the stadium and all the players as well. They've added a 'press box' camera for manager mode.. use something like this (also see THIS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/722901-2-new-modes-added-easily.html )

6. add face scan for Road to the show player

7. start transitioning to different game commentators. In MLB 14, i had to mute everyone because 2/3 guys are too annoying.

8. In loading screens, compare your RTTS stats to your friends'. Maybe even find a way to play against/in the same league as friends RTTS players. It's a fun mode that would be even better if it incorporated friends more.
9. i do like the missed/timing swing info incorporated into the ball location and pitch type post pitch.

10. always play with new camera angles to make it feel fresh. I like the concept of the 'backstop' and 'press box' camera. Stuff like that. Last year's changes were very noticeable and welcomed.
11. Glad they've improved quick counts, hopefully we can get trophies using them this year

Hell, game devs KEEP RELEASING these types of games (RBI BASEBALL, mlb power pros, super mega baseball etc) because there's an audience for it. , why not capitalize?!!?! high horse maybe?

MLB 14 still feels really good on the ps4 so i was hoping for a little MORE reason to upgrade to 15 than under armor logos and diamond dynasty baseball cards.

those are my thoughts. have a great day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UNIMPRESSED with MLB 15 so far... and some SOLUTIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st

4. in no way is tweaking outfielder paths to balls 'game changing.'

5. They've now broken/changed analog hitting...super. It used to be the happy medium between timing and zone... b/c you still aimed left, middle or right... now its more timing based and changes the swing to contact for left and right? lame.

After I play 15 I'll know if #4 is ''game changing'' & #5 is broken.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Did you happen to catch who won the March Madness tourney on your trip to the future?
I could use the $$$

Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The Show '14 sold 80,000 copies last year its first week on the shelves. When those 3 games combined get close to that type of number for overall sales, then we can discuss what changes the devs need to take in regards to which type of audience they are addressing.

And claiming things to not be game changing, broken, and stating the devs dropped the ball without having even played a single inning of the game?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #5
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

So you want the only Simulation Baseball game currently running to become more Arcadey?

No thanks.

Like you said, there are plenty of those you can choose from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

"Broken" has to be the most over used and misunderstood word on these forums.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #7
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

And a mod closes this thread destined to start a flame war in 3....2...1....
Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #8
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
"Broken" has to be the most over used and misunderstood word on these forums.
You're forgetting two more. underwhelmed & port
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »