Home

MLB 15 The Show In-Store Demos Coming to Select Best Buy Locations on March 28th

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show In-Store Demos Coming to Select Best Buy Locations on March 28th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #41
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 15 The Show In-Store Demos Coming to Select Best Buy Locations on March 28th

Still debating if I want to drive an hour and 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #42
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show In-Store Demos Coming to Select Best Buy Locations on March 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Anyone headed to their local Best Buy today?
Yep. I'm not sure how crowded it's going to be, but I do want to see it.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #43
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I am, I need a little Show fix and feel like taking some punk kids to school. I'll play the clueless card at first!
Old 03-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #44
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am, I need a little Show fix and feel like taking some punk kids to school. I'll play the clueless card at first!
You might get there and get pounded
Old 03-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #45
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
You might get there and get pounded
Very doubtful!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #46
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just ran into my local Best Buy and they had it. They only allow you to play the home run derby.

Cool story tho...

I was browsing around the PlayStation section and didn't see the game displayed anywhere. So I kept looking and looking. Then I heard some guy talking about it to a Best Buy employee, who seemed lost. When I came around the corner, I noticed the customer was reading the post on OS, asking the Best Buy employee to look into it.

After the employee seemed to give him the run around, I kept browsing and about 5 minutes later, the employee came out and said he would ask a manager about it.

I was just lurking in the background, listening to the conversation and when he went to ask the manager, I chatted with the customer and told him who I was, which site I work for, etc. He was shocked, it was a pretty cool feeling actually. This has never happened before LOL. I've searched for OS t-shirts in malls and crowded areas, but this guy had OS loaded on his phone, talking to a Best Buy rep. I had to say something, my daughter was forcing me to as well, LOL.

Anyways, it was cool. The Best Buy rep came back and mentioned the game was available in another area in the store. So we headed back there and we played. Like I mentioned earlier, it was just home run derby, so there isn't much to talk about. The graphics looked great and there were no herky-jerky animations to be seen, everything was fluid.

Just wanted to share my experience w/ you guys, haha.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 03-28-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #47
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Great Story Steve!

I am a little disappointed it is only HR Derby though.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #48
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, I was a little disappointed that it was just the Home Run Derby. That said, I did like the new hitting thing where you can adjust the camera to look for certain pitches. I did notice some graphical hiccups, but they were so blatant that I doubt they're in the final version. They certainly haven't been in any of the streams of the game that I've seen, so I'm not worried at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »