Home

Nobody talks about this but...

This is a discussion on Nobody talks about this but... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:33 PM   #9
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Nobody talks about this but...

Big will have you tried messing with the sliders yet? I usually don't mess with sliders but I think this is the first year im going to try one of OS Realistic sliders once they are out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:45 PM   #10
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

This has always been an issue with the game. The main two reasons in my mind are that balls lose too much momentum when rolling/bouncing, especially on the outfield grass. The other is that the game does not simulate ball spin off the bat well (or at all?), in regard to how a spinning ball reacts with a surface.

Here is a post I made a little bit ago with some examples from real life games. Watch the first ball hit by Freese and you'll immediately see the difference in how a ball hit down the line functions in The Show and real life. Freese's hit immediately starts to curve toward the LF wall and gets to the corner much faster than a similar hit would have in game. You can slow the runners down with the sliders, but hit balls simply won't react this way in game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=252
Old 03-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #11
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Big will have you tried messing with the sliders yet? I usually don't mess with sliders but I think this is the first year im going to try one of OS Realistic sliders once they are out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not as of this time. I had a decent slider set for last year's game, but I wanted to play for a while before seeing what I thought needed to be addressed in this year's version.

I am not sure touching the outfielder's speed is the right move because I have seen some nice hits fly over their heads. They are not getting to those flares and shots like they did in previous versions of the game. But the balls on the ground down the lines are still retrieved at too fast of a rate.

Once I level out for my personal skill level in this year's game I will dive into sliders. I probably won't tinker much until that point, unless I see something else that is bothering me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

"Nobody talks about this" is quite infactual as this has been discussed in depth. Let's wait until the game gets out to discuss it again.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »