Home

Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition

This is a discussion on Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #57
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylomax
I'm a uniform guy, as well. Really impressed with the improvements to graphics and gameplay this year, and the level of detail that went into it, but the uniform errors continue to frustrate me. If fact, they seem to actually get worse from year to year based on the comments in this thread. And I agree - would love to see those 1994 road grays in the game at some point. Those were one of my all-time favs. I think they were only worn for two season - the 94 and 95 strike shortened seasons.
They were worn from 1994-1996, although the 1994 had that gold anniversary patch on the sleeve. It'd be cool to see the 1992 jerseys or something, but they look too similar to the current ones to justify using a slot for. I think it's good to have jerseys from the '80s or '90s because that's what most of us playing are going to remember. There aren't going to be too many grandpas playing this who clamor for the 1953 jerseys.

Of course, anything is better than plain white and grey jerseys. What a waste of a slot!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #58
Rookie

monteith's Arena

The Padres old throwbacks, which are the 1978 uniforms, should have the players names on the back. They got the All-Star Game patch on the sleeve detail, but missed on the names. Maybe next year. Or, maybe they can give us a new set, like the 1998 blue and orange set.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #59
Rookie

beedl001's Arena

OVR: 3

To me, this is the most frustrating part of MLB the Show. Every year, they improve the game in a multitude of ways, except with the uniforms. I can see missed piping or part of a sleeve, but entire current uniform sets, I don't get. Who was surveyed on this by the way? Just franchise player or online player?

Go to Uni-Watch and read what the author says and click on the links. He tells you what the teams will do and gives photos showing it. I don't understand how other professional sports games get all the current uniforms in, even if they have to patch them, whereas The Show usually won't do it. Mindboggling. Part of the authenticity of a game is the uniform, socks, belts, etc.

In one of the Twitch streams before the game was released, one of the artists was talking about shadows under the eyes of players. Very detailed and one of the things that makes The Show great. But something as glaring as accurate uniforms is omitted every year.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #60
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedl001
To me, this is the most frustrating part of MLB the Show. Every year, they improve the game in a multitude of ways, except with the uniforms. I can see missed piping or part of a sleeve, but entire current uniform sets, I don't get. Who was surveyed on this by the way? Just franchise player or online player?

Go to Uni-Watch and read what the author says and click on the links. He tells you what the teams will do and gives photos showing it. I don't understand how other professional sports games get all the current uniforms in, even if they have to patch them, whereas The Show usually won't do it. Mindboggling. Part of the authenticity of a game is the uniform, socks, belts, etc.

In one of the Twitch streams before the game was released, one of the artists was talking about shadows under the eyes of players. Very detailed and one of the things that makes The Show great. But something as glaring as accurate uniforms is omitted every year.
The only time I can ever remember the show patching a uniform after release was when the Braves were going to bring back the Indian head on a bp hat, got flack, changed them, then the game overwrite it.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

Baltimore Orioles do not have/have never had light orange (hunter's safety shaded leggings) socks. Old School they had dark orange socks. Basically, the SF Giants and The Birds have same color scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #62
Pro

jtott's Arena

The cardinals should have the striped socks with ALL their uniforms
Old 04-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #63
Pro

jtott's Arena

The Cardinals have never used a solid red stock.... whether it was a low stirrup... a high stirrup... or no stirrup...... stripes have always been on the socks. Ive always wondered why the Show never changed this.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #64
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

The Twins still have a missing stripe on road pants?

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 04-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »