Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #185
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

And I thought I was the only disappointed in not showing the foul balls. Game doesn't feel as authentic without it. I know a lot of people could care less to see this, but some really do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #186
Rookie

JasonSGN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

1. Slow play taken out (MLB 14)

2. Camera following foul ball option taken out (MLB 15)

3. Pitch feedback without swing feedback option. Instead when you have this option on, you are forced to have swing feedback with the pitch location. I don't want the swing feedback. The workaround is to hit R2 after the pitch but it'd be nice to just see it on screen after the pitch. (MLB 15)
These are my three biggest gripes too. I just came on here to see if I was missing a setting for number three. Unfortunately hitting R2 after the pitch doesn't give you the speed. I hope this is patched back in.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #187
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

One thing I can say about this game is unlike a lot of sports games, this one felt different when playing it this year. This is mainly a result of the fielding, everything looks and feels so smooth from the controls to the animations. Really feels polished. Stadium graphics are so much improved this year that it helps the new game feel as well.

As it comes to gameplay, I'll have to play more to really tell what all gameplay tunings have changed the game for me. I can say in the first two games I played I saw both the things that irritate me to death, a pickoff throw into the stands and a liner off the pitcher that he easily gathers and throws me out at first.

But it really does feel like a new game early on, that's not something I felt last year even jumping from the PS3 to PS4.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 04-01-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 0

I only had a chance to play through the exhibition game so can't comment on the full game, but let me start by saying I've only been playing this game for maybe 4 years now. I don't think I've ever played a regular game to be honest. I usually waste time in HR derby or batting/pitching practice. I honestly don't know why but I've never bothered playing a regular game lol. I did try a bit of RTTS in 14 in preparation of finally doing something in 15.

That said, I really enjoyed the exhibition game in both pitching and batting. I like the dynamic difficulty as I'm not that good at the game. It makes it enjoyable while not being overly easy for someone like me. In previous games I had used the pure analog or whatever with the down then up motion, so that was a little odd to begin with and I found my timing really off. I switched to directional option and almost immediately picked it up better, including a 2-run HR. Also, even with my limited fielding time, it felt a lot better from what I can remember.

I had issues installing last night which is why I didn't get past the exhibition game, so hopefully I can spend more time tonight.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #189
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Just blasted a 425-ft, 3-run homer with Rusney Castillo in today's spring training game.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this year's game.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #190
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Does anyone else PS4 get really loud while playing this game? I have the disc version.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #191
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Does anyone else PS4 get really loud while playing this game? I have the disc version.
Not yet. I had this issue a couple of times playing The Last of Us. After I cleaned the PS4 the issue went away.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #192
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Rest Mode was made for this game! Loving being able put the controller down and come back to my game as time permits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »