Home

Dugout dances? Rituals? Handshakes?

This is a discussion on Dugout dances? Rituals? Handshakes? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #9
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dugout dances? Rituals? Handshakes?

I have seen the Cardinals dugout lineup to congratulate a player on a homerun.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

aside from new emotions after big plays, most of these presentations were in the game last year. I haven't seen the dugout celebrations like shown in some promo videos. I've had some big plays and sequences yet no dugout celebrations.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD_Rabin
I hit a Homer in a game and it showed my guy going back to the dugout. Everyone pretended to ignore him as he walked past them, with his hands out, looking puzzled. Then, suddenly they all jumped up and started congratulating him, laughing at their joke.

Sorry - can't remember what mode I was in.
This is standard and been in the games for many years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #12
Pro

smiley3's Arena

OVR: 1

So has anyone seen anything yet? Ramone posted a thread on this last season with people putting a clip of celebrations and handshakes dug out dances and I have yet to see anything pretty disappointed!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #13
Rookie

Its not a player ritual but im pretty sure when i hit a homerun with the brewers the other day that the game cut to Uecker and his "Get Up Get Up Get Outta hear Gone" that he says for every Brewers homerun.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #14
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I have seen the Cardinals dugout lineup to congratulate a player on a homerun.
Watching a replay of the SD/LAD game and they showed the SD dugout giving high 5's.not seen anything like that in game yet.

Still don't think they show enough replays/celebrations when runs are scored,most time's there isn't even a replay of the hit that scored the run.

I want to see a replay of every runner crossing home from a broadcast camera showing the whole field,seen it in a stream once and it needed to be used more. Have a feeling it may not have even made it into the final game.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #15
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

In RTTS, I hit a 2 run HR and after, the other base runner and I did some funky handshake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Since SCEA posted a thread last year asking for us to submit examples of dugout celebrations and handshakes, my guess is that they simply were not able to get to it fully this year. I have seen a couple of examples, but I was expecting to see it as part of the overall broadcast presentation.

They had mentioned in the streams that it would be for big moments...but it seems more random than that. I have played postseason games and tied them up with a HR and did not see anything. It's great when it happens, but should definitely be bumped up a lot (patch?)

One area that these kind of animations (any animation in fact) is really missing is after scoring a run. In its simplest form, the object of baseball is to score a run..so to not have any visual acknowledgement of that is sort of a letdown in the moment. It would be like playing a first person shooter game and not seeing the character get hit.

Highly suggest adding some animation/cutscenes of players congratulating the guy who scored the run, and some sort of acknowledgement from the guy who drove the run in. As of now you sometimes get the player pulling up his pants or tapping his helmet...then it cuts to the next batter. Runs are important, would be cool to see the presentation acknowledge that.

I'm sure they are on these things...as always, they have a lot to do in little time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »