Home

Runners sliding into bases on base hits

This is a discussion on Runners sliding into bases on base hits within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Runners sliding into bases on base hits

I use default baserunning and no "Auto" anything... and I don't have this problem.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #10
Rookie

Jroll11's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm having this problem a lot. I use default base running and whenever I try to send one player to advance (from first to third or second to home) that player almost always slides into the base preventing advancement. This has to be a bug, I created a bug report for it if anyone else is as frustrated as I am. ID: 12457
Old 04-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroll11
I'm having this problem a lot. I use default base running and whenever I try to send one player to advance (from first to third or second to home) that player almost always slides into the base preventing advancement. This has to be a bug, I created a bug report for it if anyone else is as frustrated as I am. ID: 12457
Are you targeting and cueing the runner to their destination or are you doing it station to station by using L1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #12
Rookie

To prevent unwanted slides, hold L1 until the base runner (any baserunner) rounds the base. He'll continue on to the next base, and every one after that, until you release L1.

To make base runners go back to their base(s) hold R1.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #13
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock
To prevent unwanted slides, hold L1 until the base runner (any baserunner) rounds the base. He'll continue on to the next base, and every one after that, until you release L1.

To make base runners go back to their base(s) hold R1.
I'm a little late to the conversation but I'm having this exact problem too. I've tried the above solution but to no avail. When I hold R1 the baserunner still slides, when he's finally done sliding he has to finish the animation and then run to the next base which by that time is way too late to advance/score
Old 07-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
I'm a little late to the conversation but I'm having this exact problem too. I've tried the above solution but to no avail. When I hold R1 the baserunner still slides, when he's finally done sliding he has to finish the animation and then run to the next base which by that time is way too late to advance/score
I don't know how it would matter but are you using classic or default base running, and are you playing online or against the computer?

Also, your base running and sliding settings in the option menu must be set to assist, not auto. Everyone's playing the same game so for everyone to not be having the same results means that something isn't set right.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #15
Rookie

I'm having the same problem, and it's annoying. I cannot tell u how many games I've played and been thrown out at home plate because my baserunner decides to stop at 3rd base for a second or two than proceeds on to home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #16
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock
I don't know how it would matter but are you using classic or default base running, and are you playing online or against the computer?

Also, your base running and sliding settings in the option menu must be set to assist, not auto. Everyone's playing the same game so for everyone to not be having the same results means that something isn't set right.
I'm using default baserunning and the baserunning and sliding decisions are set to Assist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »