Home

Analog pitching - is something wrong or is it me?

This is a discussion on Analog pitching - is something wrong or is it me? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Analog pitching - is something wrong or is it me?

When I use the meter pitching it's pretty straightforward. If I don't want to pitch it down the middle I can aim to the corners or outside. Even if my pitcher is tired, I still have a bit of control. If I want to go right down the middle I can usually get it somewhere in the strike zone.

In analog mode, when I start the "up motion" on the analog stick it will sometimes force it to one side or the other even if I went perfectly straight up. I've walked a lot of batters from this happening (veteran level default sliders). Maybe the problem is I don't understand analog mode? I can't find any good descriptions. Like... When you pull down are you supposed to go all the way to the line because it takes forever and ironically, when no one is on base, if I only go halfway down to the line I pitch better than when I go all the way down to the line. of course with a short windup with someone on first I go down to the line. So what is up? I was fantastic with analog pitching in 2k Sports baseball and that was a more complex system to master than this.

Thanks, and if anyone wants to break analog down step by step I'd so appreciate that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 02:20 AM   #2
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Analog pitching - is something wrong or is it me?

I have the opposite problem. I have mastered analog in the past 5 years. Now, I have to aim for a ball to throw a ball. I just cannot miss the strike zone. In fact, with analog when I miss, I miss in the strike zone. The only pitch that is hard to throw inside the zone is the breaking ball, but that pitch is usually not aimed in the zone.

I play on HOF
Old 04-05-2015, 03:46 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
When I use the meter pitching it's pretty straightforward. If I don't want to pitch it down the middle I can aim to the corners or outside. Even if my pitcher is tired, I still have a bit of control. If I want to go right down the middle I can usually get it somewhere in the strike zone.

In analog mode, when I start the "up motion" on the analog stick it will sometimes force it to one side or the other even if I went perfectly straight up. I've walked a lot of batters from this happening (veteran level default sliders). Maybe the problem is I don't understand analog mode? I can't find any good descriptions. Like... When you pull down are you supposed to go all the way to the line because it takes forever and ironically, when no one is on base, if I only go halfway down to the line I pitch better than when I go all the way down to the line. of course with a short windup with someone on first I go down to the line. So what is up? I was fantastic with analog pitching in 2k Sports baseball and that was a more complex system to master than this.

Thanks, and if anyone wants to break analog down step by step I'd so appreciate that.

Yes you are supposed to go to the line. If you are throw a fast ball and you go before the line the ball will go up higher so you can use it to make the ball rise. If you go past the line the ball will sink more. If you are going to the side when you say you go straight back it is because you are not going straight back and are going a little to the side. Its pretty simple thing really.

1. Y push the button to select what pitch you want to throw.
2. You then aim where you want to throw the pitch
3. You have to then aim with the analog when you push it lining up with where you want to throw the ball. Say you want to throw the ball to the left when you are aiming where you want the pitch to go you have to push it that way to not just straight back so that it lines up with that circle thing.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks. The one things still think is odd is it seems like I'm more accurate when I don't bring it down to the line.

Is there any penalty if you don't pull straight back ie. curve the analog stick like to 7:00 or 5:00 on the way down if y make it back up and center on the way back up?
Old 04-05-2015, 04:04 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
Thanks. The one things still think is odd is it seems like I'm more accurate when I don't bring it down to the line.

Is there any penalty if you don't pull straight back ie. curve the analog stick like to 7:00 or 5:00 on the way down if y make it back up and center on the way back up?

Yeah say you are trying to throw a pitch to the end side part of the plate and you end up missing it a little to the opposite side then you where aiming the pitch is more likely to end up down the middle of the plate and if you miss it by a lot a much better changes of throwing a wide pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 04:06 AM   #6
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Analog is the one that least punishes you for missing
Old 04-05-2015, 04:14 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Analog is the one that least punishes you for missing

I am not sure about that. I think meter might be the easiest way to pitch and the one where you are the least punished. Pulse is harder to not walk guys and easier to make mistake pitches but I don't like that you cant control if you want to put more or less break on a curveball or throw harder or slower on a fastball and curves are kind of hard to not hang with pulse.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:20 AM   #8
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I am not sure about that. I think meter might be the easiest way to pitch and the one where you are the least punished. Pulse is harder to not walk guys and easier to make mistake pitches but I don't like that you cant control if you want to put more or less break on a curveball or throw harder or slower on a fastball and curves are kind of hard to not hang with pulse.
Not really if you don't hit the line on the meter it can go anywhere

Analog fans don't want to admit its the easiest one there

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »