Home

Infielders not covering the bases when pitching out/slide stepping to prevent steals

This is a discussion on Infielders not covering the bases when pitching out/slide stepping to prevent steals within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Infielders not covering the bases when pitching out/slide stepping to prevent steals

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong here, or if this was just a bug, but twice today I pitched out or did a slide step because I felt the runner was likely to steal, and both times my infielders were not covering the base that the runner was trying to steal:

This was in an online head to head Diamond Dynasty game, if the mode matters. The first steal attempt I did a slide step. The second steal attempt I did a pitch out.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-08-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Infielders not covering the bases when pitching out/slide stepping to prevent ste

I'm guessing the game was conceding the bases due to the score and circumstances. Not sure if there is a manual override to change the setting so that they still hold the runner/cover the bags in the event that they runner breaks and you want to throw them out.

But up 8-0 with 2 outs in the 9th seems like the bases were just being conceded, as they would usually be in real life. Not saying you are wrong in wanting to easily throw someone out, but that is my guess as to what happened there.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Infielders not covering the bases when pitching out/slide stepping to prevent ste

Yeah seems like they are being conceded due to the 8-0 score.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I'm not sure what I was doing wrong here, or if this was just a bug, but twice today I pitched out or did a slide step because I felt the runner was likely to steal, and both times my infielders were not covering the base that the runner was trying to steal:

This was in an online head to head Diamond Dynasty game, if the mode matters. The first steal attempt I did a slide step. The second steal attempt I did a pitch out.

Defensive indifference the game logic is working properly here.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
Rookie

mfreder2's Arena

OVR: 2

Seeing this as well. I have no problem seeing Defensive Indifference, but the problem I see in the game is the runner getting credited for a SB. A SB is not awarded for DI. In my games the runners are getting credited for SBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreder2
Seeing this as well. I have no problem seeing Defensive Indifference, but the problem I see in the game is the runner getting credited for a SB. A SB is not awarded for DI. In my games the runners are getting credited for SBs.

Umm, good point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »