Home

MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #9
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
There should be an option like in 2K to block CPU-CPU trades. I've seen Cutch, Harper, Freeman, Harvey, and Stanton traded in the same season.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #10
Rookie

dtg2k15's Arena

OVR: 0
Regarding the "win within 3 years or else"... when you're fired, does the owner fire the USER (you) with you having to start over, or does the owner fire the GM, with the owner being the user?

For example, in Madden 15's franchise mode, you have the option of playing as the owner, the coach or a player. If you're the owner and finances go south, you'll get kicked out of the franchise mode altogether and must start over from scratch. (Your team funds always go south, because the developers didn't design this correctly).
Old 04-24-2015, 02:06 AM   #11
Rookie

Is the 3 year win rule for every MLB team including the lower rated teams? That doesn't sound very fair if you take control of the lousiest MLB team and take a patient approach to a rebuild via the draft and scouting young free agents and trying to turn them into stars down the road.

Is there a spreadsheet with the rosters on it? I'm not totally knowledgeable with every single player in MLB and the minors, but I know how to evaluate talent and I know the kind of roster I'd like to work with. It'd be handy if there was a quick depth chart on this site with each teams 25-man roster, along with the vital details (age & potential) of the players.

How are some people already so far into their franchise mode? What's the point of simulating all the way? It's not nearly as fun to me. Day by day is more authentic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #12
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
The GM mode in The Show definitely still needs a lot of polishing at least, right now it's very bareboned and has a lot of flaws.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #13
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5
Here's a quicker guide to franchise mode. Don't bother. The game freezes about 75% of the time if you play a game out. If it freezes it deletes the save and your entire franchise is gone. I am completely unable to get more than a few games into a franchise. I guess maybe sim only?
Old 05-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #14
Rookie

Re: MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode

I can only speak for myself, but I haven't had a single game freeze in franchise mode. I've played out 30 at least, and simmed about 60-70.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #15
Rookie

I just sent a 75 Ovr A potential Starting Pitcher that I just drafted into the Majors because I thought he was good enough to use and would still develop? Does this mean he won't be progressing or should I send him back down to the minors immediately?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #16
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
There should be an option like in 2K to block CPU-CPU trades. I've seen Cutch, Harper, Freeman, Harvey, and Stanton traded in the same season.
There is! After u select what team u want to play with the option screen will come up. From there u go down too CPU TRADING and turn it to no!

However, this makes the game very unrealistic. If your the only team allowed to trade then it wont be like in the REAL MAJORS where anyone can be traded for any reason! If you do decide to do this, you are an idiot. Your losing the fun of watching an entire season unfold. I think they should take this option out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »