Home

Is anyone having a problem being a closer in rtts?

This is a discussion on Is anyone having a problem being a closer in rtts? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is anyone having a problem being a closer in rtts?

I've heard from a few people that you get the fewest training points as a CP and it's hard to build up and avoid regression without using outside stubs. Is that true? What's your experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: Is anyone having a problem being a closer in rtts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphanlon
I've heard from a few people that you get the fewest training points as a CP and it's hard to build up and avoid regression without using outside stubs. Is that true? What's your experience?
I have a CP and I don't think its that bad. I'm staying current with my pitching and fielding abilities. I've let my batting, speed and base stealing regress, because as a CP, there's no use for it at all.

You get decent points per game. 30 for a save and I think 20-25 for a strike out. If I remember right, you can average ~60 points for a normal game. You're only out there for an inning a game, so you're not going to pile up the points like other positions.

My CP is with the Diamondback organization and I'm just about to finish up my first season in AAA. MLB closer has around a 80 OVR.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a CP with the Pirates AA team, Altoona Curve. Like YeOldTonk said, I average about 60 per game for 1 inning of work. I keep up with my pitching and my fielding but I do nothing with batting.

I have a pretty good save streak going so I have been getting extra training points every so many games for having a streak.

The games go so fast only pitching 1 inning usually only to 3-5 batters max that you can pile up points pretty quickly just through volume.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks guys. Where do you keep your fielding stats usually? Do you end up being involved in a lot of plays that you need it high?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
MVP

Syce's Arena

i have a closer, it wasn't difficult in the minors as like a 65+ overall closer but i was signed with the Twins and they decided to trade off their major league closer and call me up when im sitting at 67 Overall. so it didnt end too well and now im stuck being just a reliever in the majors atleast until i get my ratings up higher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 09:39 PM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphanlon
Thanks guys. Where do you keep your fielding stats usually? Do you end up being involved in a lot of plays that you need it high?

Tell you the truth, I haven put anything to fielding. just to keep up with regression and the bonuses I have with some equipment I have equipped. I think the only time I've done any fielding is picking up some bunts and thrown to first. I've just completed my first year, so haven't done that much.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #7
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

95% of the time I dont field anything, the rare soft hit or bunt. If I do anything it may be running to cover first. I just add some points when i get the regression arrows really.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
Rookie

only use 3 pitches. It gets much more difficult to keep your attributes up with any more than 3. maybe later on after you built those up and your fielding is where you want it to be you could add a 4th, but its too hard to maintain 4 early in your career

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »