Home

Bunts are such a glaring problem compared to everything else

This is a discussion on Bunts are such a glaring problem compared to everything else within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #145
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bunts are such a glaring problem compared to everything else

Is this mostly an issue on RTTS and CPU vs CPU?

Because I am 109 games into a franchise. Play every game no quick counts. Play on All-Star/All-Star. The CPU bunts but nothing crazy just pitchers sacraficing and a few lead off guys. A few more attempted squeeze plays until I started holding runners on third. Since then none. Never had a batter with two strikes bunt, excluding a pitcher. Have had them miss bunts for strikes. No foul bunts for outs but again never had them bunt with 2 strikes.

I have bunted foul with two strikes and been called out. With runners on first and second I will bunt a pitcher regardless of count as him getting out is better than ground into a double play.

Not saying it is not going on but wondering what mode and difficulty this happens on where they bunt like a crazy amount. Again maybe it stopped cause I hold runners on third by looking them back and whatnot. But people are saying that changes nothing.

It is weird some have it going on like a crazy amount and others not much.

Last edited by SpritePuck; 05-04-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #146
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

To be clear I play franchise.

All-Star/All-Star
Auto fielding but manual throwing that is rating not timing based
AI auto defense though I sometimes change it
I hold runners on base with looks and toss overs always just like the pros do.

I am not seeing this happen to the degree others are. On occasion some bunts sure, but not even a bunt a game and I am 100 + games in franchise in the NL where more bunts should occur. And have not had a squeeze against me since April so many many games ago. But again I hold runners on. Also how often do you have runners on third in the late innings with a really close score? Cause I still do not get why that is always occuring either. In real baseball that is fairly rare and in games I play it is rare. Sure they rally and beat me late but not that often by playing station to station baseball.

Regardless if we all share exact info of modes, difficulties or other stuff, we can figure out what causes it. Because it is not just runner on third and boom it happens or we would all see it equally.

Also is this post or pre patch??

Last edited by SpritePuck; 05-04-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:42 AM   #147
Banned

Playing Toronto, in two games, Reyes has attempted to bunt in 5 of his 8 at bats. This happened last game with 2 outs in the 8th inning of a 0-0 game:

Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #148
Rookie

It such a pain in the *** on diamond dynasty. I lost a game 1-0 yesterday, should I have scored? Yeah, but leading off the game This guy who has Eric young Jr bunts perfectly down the first base line and my catcher air mails it into the stands. Now he's on second because of the error, they didn't give him a hit. After a sacrifice bunt now he's at third. Then of course he steals home and gets the bunt down so the run scored without there even being a hit. I had a no hitter through 7 and I was LOSING. I gave up a hit in the 8th by you guessed it a bunt. That was the only hit of the game. He only had two base runners and I lost the game when I had 8 hits

Frustration
Old 05-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #149
Just started!

I just played the braves and Eric Young bunted all four times he was up to bat. Was stupid! Needs to be resolved.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #150
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan2526
It such a pain in the *** on diamond dynasty. I lost a game 1-0 yesterday, should I have scored? Yeah, but leading off the game This guy who has Eric young Jr bunts perfectly down the first base line and my catcher air mails it into the stands. Now he's on second because of the error, they didn't give him a hit. After a sacrifice bunt now he's at third. Then of course he steals home and gets the bunt down so the run scored without there even being a hit. I had a no hitter through 7 and I was LOSING. I gave up a hit in the 8th by you guessed it a bunt. That was the only hit of the game. He only had two base runners and I lost the game when I had 8 hits

Frustration
And that is why I have now completely stopped playing DD. The bunting/stealing is exploited to no end, even if I stop it every time and win, its dumb and its boring. Well that and facing Tanaka and Neshek every single game.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #151
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

So far I have found drag bunts to be pretty manageable post patch. It is the safety squeezes that get you mostly due to the fielding animations. Animations when close to bases are just too slow. Why is my pitcher pausing and then slowly underhand tossing the ball to my catcher making it impossible to get an out on a safety squeeze? If the animations were tightened up and overly-slow ones removed/replaced I think the bunting would be more in line with MLB rates. Tags also need a big fix. I can't tell you how many times my first baseman has whiffed on bunts down the 1st base line. Give players a chance to field and get outs on bunts and then people will stop abusing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 04:14 AM   #152
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Just played a game online. Nothing but bunts. Even with bases loaded. Lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »