Home

Quick Counts and K's

This is a discussion on Quick Counts and K's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #1
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Quick Counts and K's

Perhaps it's due to a small sample size - having only played around 25 games this year, but I'm averaging 10 strikeouts per game on Default AS and was wondering what the rest of you seeing in MLB 15.

Last year, CPU offense was largely very weak. I averaged almost 9 K's per game until I ultimately adjusted some sliders to make the CPU more fearsome. But they weren't hitting all around in every category! This year, the game is remarkably balanced and I regularly get my behind handed to me when I'm off my game. I'm giving up extremely realistic hits/HR/XBH/BB numbers. And a lot of my games play out pretty normally in the SO department until I suddenky strikeout 5 hitters in a row and I watch that stat skyrocket.

It's really my only, and I mean my ONLY complaint this year with QC's. The game is just so well tuned.

Is this just a hot stretch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Quick Counts and K's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Perhaps it's due to a small sample size - having only played around 25 games this year, but I'm averaging 10 strikeouts per game on Default AS and was wondering what the rest of you seeing in MLB 15.

Last year, CPU offense was largely very weak. I averaged almost 9 K's per game until I ultimately adjusted some sliders to make the CPU more fearsome. But they weren't hitting all around in every category! This year, the game is remarkably balanced and I regularly get my behind handed to me when I'm off my game. I'm giving up extremely realistic hits/HR/XBH/BB numbers. And a lot of my games play out pretty normally in the SO department until I suddenky strikeout 5 hitters in a row and I watch that stat skyrocket.

It's really my only, and I mean my ONLY complaint this year with QC's. The game is just so well tuned.

Is this just a hot stretch?
I average roughly 10/game as well with decent pitchers but that does not mean it's always a successful outing as there are often times where I get shelled for an inning or two.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

In my opinion the strikeout slider is CPU Timing. Bump up their timing to 6 and see how it goes.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-30-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
In my opinion the strikeout slider is CPU Timing. Bump up their timing to 6 and see how it goes.
Thanks but you guys are supposed to come in here and tell me you're averaging 7.2 SO's per game and that I should never touch a slider ever again!

If it comes down to it, I'll try it. I love how I can mow down hitters with legit strikeout pitchers this year and still feel like the CPU is a force to be reckoned with. But then out will come mister mid-tier reliever and he'll strikeout the side too and then I wonder if the game needs a little more fine tuning.

How are your K numbers looking? Are you using QC's by chance?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I average roughly 10/game as well with decent pitchers but that does not mean it's always a successful outing as there are often times where I get shelled for an inning or two.
Yeah me too.

I don't want to decrease my K's with my studs. I'm personally just seeing lesser players go on K rampages a lot too and this is inflating my stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

OVR: 0

it seems to me the amount of Ks varies from game to game. 2 starts ago Liriano struck out 15 in a complete game shut out. In his last outing, he struck out 3 but got the win. The 15 K game was against the D-backs and the 3 K game was against the Cubs. The Cubs have a better lineup than the D-baks so that probably had something to do with it also
Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoltanZ
it seems to me the amount of Ks varies from game to game. 2 starts ago Liriano struck out 15 in a complete game shut out. In his last outing, he struck out 3 but got the win. The 15 K game was against the D-backs and the 3 K game was against the Cubs. The Cubs have a better lineup than the D-baks so that probably had something to do with it also
James Shields struck out 13 in back to back starts for me and I have to say that felt pretty awesome. The last one was against the Cubs.

Since launch though I swear to you that the least I've had as a team in one game is 6. Last night, in the Shields game, my team had 20 in 11 innings.

Over my last 10 games I've struck out 104 hitters. LOL!

Again my games are playing out beautifully otherwise. How many K's are you averaging per game as a team?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #8
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

I have noticed that when i get/have 2 strikes on me if i use the contact swing instead of normal swing it cuts my strikeouts from 10 to 12 down to between 5 and 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »