Home

MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market

I didnt want to try DD this year because of some online issues this game seems to have but i tried DD and it seems like i cant stop playing, No real issues with anything, I take pride in representing my state (Oregon) and putting a wooping on people from other states. Psn: Megoman14
Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Great write up Chris.
Yeah Chris great write up! Wait a second I wrote this not Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
are there tournaments or some other way to play teams based on a max overall rating or payroll value?
There is not. Again, I think there's some things they could do here to expand or control what teams you go against, but it sort of would go against what every other aspect of the mode seems to be about and that's keeping it straight forward. You know nothing about the team you're going against besides what handed pitcher you're facing until the game is loading up. You can play "Extra Innings" games where you pick from bad to good real fantasy teams that other users have made. These are CPU games, but depending on the skill level you pick and how good the team is you go up against, it can lead to chances at a better reward card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefmtz
The gold standard of completing collections is Madden UT. FIFA has an advantage over the variety of players, the kits, stadiums, etc, but doesn't do collections.
Agreed.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #11
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
I've jumped in... Since I'm not a fan of playing online, I was disappointed about not being able to use my team in an offline regular season. Not sure how much of my attention it will keep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah Chris great write up! Wait a second I wrote this not Chris.

There is not. Again, I think there's some things they could do here to expand or control what teams you go against, but it sort of would go against what every other aspect of the mode seems to be about and that's keeping it straight forward. You know nothing about the team you're going against besides what handed pitcher you're facing until the game is loading up. You can play "Extra Innings" games where you pick from bad to good real fantasy teams that other users have made. These are CPU games, but depending on the skill level you pick and how good the team is you go up against, it can lead to chances at a better reward card.

Agreed.

Excuse my old ***......LOL. Nice write up Chase!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-04-2015, 05:44 AM   #13
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

I don't know exactly how DD works cause i haven't played it (i only play exhibition and RTTS in MLB The Show), but i'm not a fan of these game modes for a reason: They often represent the most arcadey experience possible, and it's not something i'm looking for. See, playing FIFA since the first one on the Genesis, i never liked the idea of overpowered custom teams (people loved the idea of editing teams to make them more powerful). Then, FUT is basically this, but with money involved. Same thing for MUT in Madden. I do enjoy playing franchise mode in these two games, and in Madden, i love playing career mode as a player. But i just can't play these squad building modes. It's not for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »