Home

MLB 15 The Show: How to Rebuild the Twins

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: How to Rebuild the Twins within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2015, 03:01 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How to Rebuild the Twins

With Buxton, Sano and Berrios waiting in the wings the Twins def arent as hard to rebuild as the Phillies are. Specially with those horrible contracts the Phillies have....good luck find suitors for them.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:07 AM   #18
Rookie

I like reading these types of articles. Could you please write one for every MLB team? Specifically my favourite 2 teams- The Toronto Blue Jays & New York Yankees. Is there a database of all players on the game? It'd be neat to see! It'd be helpful for signing new players and improving the organization.

What teams do you think would be the most difficult to overhaul and win a championship with?
I'd actually like to see the results of a simulated franchise mode over 20 or so years and see the standings of each team by year.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:09 AM   #19
Rookie

Creating rookie baseball players for use in MLB The Show: Road To The Show. The Road to the Show (RTTS) mode has quickly become a popular mode, and with that comes an emphasis on controlling a lesser-talented rookie player for an entire career. It’s quite real. But so is franchise mode. With that being said, I’ve come up with a new method for creating baseball players. I start with a new spreadsheet and enter in the ratings of a positional player who emphasizes speed, contact and glove. And then on the row below I enter in the attributes for a player who emphasizes strength, power and arm. Then, I have all the various skills such as contact, power, fielding ability, base running ability listed in each subsequent column. In the last column is the total number of points allocated to each player. When added up in the last column, you’ll see that the attribute ratings awarded to each type of player is fairly equal. It varies for each position, but every player ranges from 500 to 600 points. The attributes will range from 0 to 60.
Keep that in mind when creating your players. This is the most fair and authentic method in player creation on MLB The Show. Come up with a list of fictitious characters you’ve conjured up. Make them from common baseball countries such as the United States, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Japan, etc. Envision them playing Major League Baseball. What do they look like? Customize them with a specific appearance, height, weight, uniform number etc. Then assign each player his attributes using the 0 to 60 ratings. Once you have designed a plethora of players in your database then create them on your MLB game. You could either leave each of them as a free agent and wait for MLB teams to sign them or assign them to a team yourself. Personally I prefer to assign every one of my created players to an MLB team. This ensures them of playing minor league baseball right away as they won’t quite be good enough to play in the show right away. They’ll develop in the minors and work their way up, just like real life. Scatter the players around Major League Baseball, and see them flourish and become the superstars of their new teams. You’ll probably feel a sense of accomplishment when these player begin making a name for themselves and making the all-star teams and winning awards and World Series titles.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #20
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckle17
I like reading these types of articles. Could you please write one for every MLB team? Specifically my favourite 2 teams- The Toronto Blue Jays & New York Yankees. Is there a database of all players on the game? It'd be neat to see! It'd be helpful for signing new players and improving the organization.

What teams do you think would be the most difficult to overhaul and win a championship with?
I'd actually like to see the results of a simulated franchise mode over 20 or so years and see the standings of each team by year.
You should definetely use the amazing OOTP Baseball for that purpose, more realistic sim engine over a longer term and way better stat tracking too.

On topic:
I'd say the Twins aren't the best example for a team needing a rebuild. I'm not following them much in real life but in The Show the are pretty much set for the future. Thier MLB roster is already pretty decent. All they need is a real ace and a quality BP arm or 2. Many of thier propects (Buxton, Sano Rosario, Meyer) all are close to being MLB ready. Mauer is a vquality player and has at least in the game 3 to 4 good years ahead of him so I'd keep him. Hunter could be traded if you take a more video game like approach, if you want to keep it close to real life let him retire as a Twin, it won't cost you much.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #21
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Two months into a franchise with the Twins. One thing I disagree with is trading all the aging stars. Trading them does not help young talent develope nor gain you super talented young players. Torrii hit almost .360 in April and is hitting .340 in May. Just my opinion but keep anyone who can help you at least win some games now. Totally tanking does not help you develope players as how they play affects developement. You tradeoff the RBI guys and runs drop off and then pitchers lose more games. Hurts your young guys who would have been driven in by thems developement and your pitchers because of lost run support.

I do see the point in trying to get young developing players for them and maybe mid season trades make sense. Trading Hunter or Mauer but trading both seems kinda crazy. I would keep Joe as his contact is not easily replaced and he fields well and can catch some as in game catching is no harder on him than playing first. One reason to keep Joe is that he has not declined in any catagories for me yet (just forty games in) and should have a few decent years left. He does not impede developement as he plays two spots and Vargas is much better at DH at this point. There is simply no way to start Vargas at 1st successfully.

I agree that 2016 free agency is important and maybe just prior to that trading vets makes more sense. Also, just my opinion but one can rebuild the Twins without doing things totally unrealistic which at this point trading either Hunter or Mauer is. Torrii came back to retire a Twin. Joe is a lifer and maybe the fans in game do not care but they should. Also, both still produce! What young guy am I going to trade them for (without throwing some of my youth into the deal) who can produce? I know it is about the future but one has to do well enough to not lose your contract in three years.

I love the write up and do agree trading them now is best time to get the most for them. Guess really it is just hard to think of a Twins franchise without Mauer someday playing his last MLB game and it being asa Twin. One player to consider trading is Suzuki. Pinto can hit for some power and is not a bad player and younger than Kurt. Suzuki has decent trade value (like for a starting pitcher in the 80's once the teams list some). And since it is a video game you can still start Mauer at catcher when Pinto needs a day off.

Huge bright spots Santana plays a lot of spots as does Escobar.

Great write up... Fun team to play with..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
Banned

Re: MLB 15 The Show: How to Rebuild the Twins

Minnesota is actually fairly simple to rebuild. Scout pitching and let your prospects develop. Id also keep Mauer and trade Hunter.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #23
Rookie

JP7555's Arena

So, basically it's like rebuilding any other team.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #24
Rookie

JP7555's Arena

And btw, I've rebuilt the Twins. Sano turns into a 99 power homerun hitting animal.

Buxton will basically be a 5 tool guy, but by the time he turns about 30, and in his 3rd contract, he'll cost 15 mil. a year. I ended up getting a nice haul for him, both prospects and big league talent to keep my franchise strong and in good financial sitting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »