Home

Exhibition vs Franchise Mode difficulty

This is a discussion on Exhibition vs Franchise Mode difficulty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Exhibition vs Franchise Mode difficulty

I don't remember ever actually playing an exhibition for years on the show, but just to test a few things I started one up today. I deliberately picked a pitcher who I just can not hit to play against, the Royals with Ventura as their ace, I've never been able to touch him. I've played hundreds of franchise games with Cubs and White Sox, my DD is currently on all star + for both hitting and pitching, and has been for a while, so I have a fair expectation of what I'm going to get from the CPU.

I didn't get out of the first inning this game was so one sided. All the Royals defenders acted like they were stuck in mud, little tapper in front of the plate that would normally be swallowed by the most sloth like overweight catcher, infield single. Little grounder not hit hard at all up the middle, automatic out suddenly Escobar runs has about an 8.2 40 time because for the life of him he can not manage to get to this ball. Down and in curveball promptly deposited into the seats for a homer. Changeup away on the black, great pitch, hit hard the other way, so hard the earths tilted a bit more on its axis when it hit the ground. This against a guy who I've been able to score off of all of one time in my life (yes I remember).

Sure small sample size and all, and maybe I was just due against Ventura. I also struck out the side when usually the CPU is fouling off stuff 3 feet off the plate with two strikes. It's not so much the results but the way this stuff happened.

So obviously the question is, does franchise mode just make it way harder on you because the games actually count, do they take exhibition games off or what?

PS. Yes I checked my DD it gave me the All Star + message before each inning, unless it's bugged I should not suddenly be on rookie mode.

Last edited by therewillbechud; 05-06-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Exhibition vs Franchise Mode difficulty

This is exactly why i feel that any and all sliders need to be tested not in play now but in franchise mode EXCLUSIVELY. the game plays completely opposite of how it does on play now games instead of franchise...

i have never understood why they test them in play now games... this has been my thinking for ever...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »