Home

The "Baseball Tap"

This is a discussion on The "Baseball Tap" within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

OVR: 0
The "Baseball Tap"

I'm curious if there has ever been mention of SD studios adding in the ever so classic "Baseball Tap"? You know..... hitter hits a home run .... as he enters the dugout all the guys give him a "Baseball Tap" 5 finger slap to the turd cutter. I feel naked without pressing "X" for a Baseball tap. Come on SD let's get er done!!

Last edited by ROTTEN; 05-08-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

Re: The "Baseball Tap"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTTEN
I'm curious if there has ever been mention of SD studios adding in the ever so classic "Baseball Tap"? You know..... hitter hits a home run .... as he enters the dugout all the guys give him a "Baseball Tap" 5 finger slap to the turd cutter. I feel naked without pressing "X" for a Baseball tap. Come on SD let's get er done!!
Sure, it's a part of baseball, but I'm not sure if it's as important as you're making it out to be.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Admit it. You created this thread for one reason and that was to use the phrase "turd cutter". Don't deny it.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I would nominate this for Post of the Year, but the 60-year-old dude who got a timeout from his wife already ran away with it.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I would nominate this for Post of the Year, but the 60-year-old dude who got a timeout from his wife already ran away with it.
We'll keep ROTTEN's post on the backburner. If Clevecluby admits to Geritrol use whilst smashing his controller, that's tantamount to PED use, thereby making his post ineligible.

#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Here's your chance:
Sticky: PLAYER/TEAM PERSONALIZATION FOR MLB 16:THE SHOW
Old 05-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Can we get a link this post?

@ the OP - never heard of it being called the "turd cutter". I can't speak for the masses, but an interactive butt slap would be, uh, interesting.

Last edited by Speedy; 05-08-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #8
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Can we get a link this post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I swear the game cheats. So close.. I am Cleveland playing KC... Carlos Carasco pitching for me. Bottom of the 9th inning. I am leading 2-0. Carasco has a perfect game. 17 Ks, No hits, no walks... K'd the first batter, 2'ond batter, hits routine ground ball to second base, throws it over 1st base mans head. runner goes to second. 3rd batter Pop up to third base.. 2 outs, runner on second base. Carasco Strikes out batter for 19th but ball gets away from catcher, runner goes to 3rd and batter beats out throw to first. Next batter, 1 ball 2k count, next pitch, Long drive to RF. Clears the fence by about a foot.. HR, I loose 3 to 2.. Not only did I lose the game, I now need to replace my controller as it don't work after striking the wall. My wife comes running to the room thinking I have fell or something because I am screaming. Thank God controller missed the TV. I am embarrassed as now I have to clean up carpet because my drink went flying when I kicked over table it was setting on. I didn't know I could speak in tongues as my wife explained. I am standing there, Looking like I am insane, sweating, dizzy, angry, ranting and raving. My wife just picked up my broken controller, UN-plugged my other controller, Looked at me and said.. YOU'RE DONE..You can have these back after you calm down and take a nap and walked out of my man cave shaking her head... HOLLY CRAP... 63 years old and I just got grounded.. GOD I HATE THIS GAME.. But as soon as my nap is over, and I take my blood pressure pills it's off to pawn shop for new controller and of course Wal-Mart for flowers.. I'll be back at it again.. Hopefully, just a little quieter.. God I love this game....
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047246590
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »