Home

Inside the park homerun's – seriously?

This is a discussion on Inside the park homerun's – seriously? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Inside the park homerun's – seriously?

2 inside the park homeruns in the same game! That is brutal!

I haven't seen one in any of the games that I've played.

As stated in the thread, remember that in the outfield you are better off to hit your cutoff man than you are to throw directly to home or across the diamond (RF to 3B) Also remember that powering up your throw will lead to more errant throws.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #10
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

The cpu hasn't gotten one on me yet, they tried once but I got them at home. I got one with Josh Donaldson due to pretty bad defense.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

The original poster made a really good point. He said "by the time my 3rd baseman threw it..."

This has happened to me. My 3rd base receives the ball with the cpu runner about 70 feet from home. Easy throwout at the plate right? WRONG.

I load up the throw, my 3rd basemen stares off into the distance reminiscing about the time his little brother glued his fingers together on a school trip to the glue factory or some shi*. He then realizes, "Oh no! I'm in the middle of a major league baseball game! I better throw it home so my daddy/coach doesn't get mad at me and send me down to double AA in Toledo!"

The 3rd baseman then nonchalantly flings the ball, as if throwing a hackysack to his catcher-friend, the man responsible for protecting the thing that gives the other team points.

By the time the ball is caught by the catcher, the runner has scored and can be seen eating a hotdog, Babe Ruth-style. I'm talking double weiner, single bun, large beer.

My point is, the fielders in the game have no urgency. The announcers are about to cream themselves when the runner heads for home yet the fielders behave as if they don't give a damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivo
The original poster made a really good point. He said "by the time my 3rd baseman threw it..."

This has happened to me. My 3rd base receives the ball with the cpu runner about 70 feet from home. Easy throwout at the plate right? WRONG.

I load up the throw, my 3rd basemen stares off into the distance reminiscing about the time his little brother glued his fingers together on a school trip to the glue factory or some shi*. He then realizes, "Oh no! I'm in the middle of a major league baseball game! I better throw it home so my daddy/coach doesn't get mad at me and send me down to double AA in Toledo!"

The 3rd baseman then nonchalantly flings the ball, as if throwing a hackysack to his catcher-friend, the man responsible for protecting the thing that gives the other team points.

By the time the ball is caught by the catcher, the runner has scored and can be seen eating a hotdog, Babe Ruth-style. I'm talking double weiner, single bun, large beer.

My point is, the fielders in the game have no urgency. The announcers are about to cream themselves when the runner heads for home yet the fielders behave as if they don't give a damn.

Poor and slow animations aside there should never ever be a ball thrown to third if a runner has already rounded third.

We have to accept some responsibility for our own poor decisions in addition to pointing out flaws with the game.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #13
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
Sounds like your either using custom sliders or ignored your cutoff which will result in poor AI decisions because nobody chases the ball down if it comes up short.
What do custom sliders have to do with it?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious
What do custom sliders have to do with it?

I'll assume by your response the answer is in no. But to be honest custom sliders actually can have a lot to do with it. They can seriously deminish your fielder's arm strength and accuracy. For instance on default sliders I have gunned runners out on the base paths from all over the field with ease. With my current sliders the game plays much more realistic in terms of an outfielders ability to throw a ball relative to his rating and not just a general distance.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #15
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Poor and slow animations aside there should never ever be a ball thrown to third if a runner has already rounded third.

We have to accept some responsibility for our own poor decisions in addition to pointing out flaws with the game.
the guy was 1/2 way to 3rd, my cutoff guy had it about 20-30 feet behind 2nd.... the throw looked like it was a lob ball from a 6 year old girl that dribbled to 3rd.......and the response to throw home was casual
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #16
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
I'll assume by your response the answer is in no. But to be honest custom sliders actually can have a lot to do with it. They can seriously deminish your fielder's arm strength and accuracy. For instance on default sliders I have gunned runners out on the base paths from all over the field with ease. With my current sliders the game plays much more realistic in terms of an outfielders ability to throw a ball relative to his rating and not just a general distance.
I edited sliders but don't think I edited anything decreasing my players arm strength.... its default if anything.... should I 'UP" my teams arm strength?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »