Home

Really aggressive 3B coach?

This is a discussion on Really aggressive 3B coach? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Really aggressive 3B coach?

I use auto baserunning because... Well because my idiot fingers can't keep up with the game, and I invariably end up screwing things up. It works nicely except for one tiny, huge problem: The game is sending my runners home at a ridiculous rate. If there is a guy on 1B and my batter hits one in the gap, it is nearly guaranteed that he will be waved home.

The problem is, I'm seeing at LEAST one guy thrown out at the plate each game. Sometimes multiple guys. And these aren't even close plays at the plate - the catcher has time to stand and camp out with the ball before tagging my guy out. It's getting silly. I'm hearing the "and he runs THROUGH the stop sign!" every game. Every. Single. Game.

Is there anything I can do? Give up and control the baserunners myself?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
Just started!

DoinkBRAH's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Really aggressive 3B coach?

I find that the AI does the same exact thing. I have played maybe 10-15 games in Exhibition while waiting for the v2 Rosters and I seem to throw a guy out at home every other game.

Most of the time it's not even close and my Catcher will get the ball while they are only about 2/3 down the 3rd base line. It is always followed by the "he ran through the stop sign" dialogue.

Seems to be another thing that needs to be fixed with the AI. I wouldn't doubt that making the AI more aggressive for stealing is part of the problem and it's spilling over making them too aggressive while rounding the bases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »