Home

RTTS 15 Got sent down in MLB Year 8 after injury, never called back up

This is a discussion on RTTS 15 Got sent down in MLB Year 8 after injury, never called back up within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
MVP

ewingandoakley's Arena

OVR: 23
Angry RTTS 15 Got sent down in MLB Year 8 after injury, never called back up

I'm relatively new to the Show and very new to RTTS, so bear with me. I recreated Dr. Sublime's Roger Maris (one of my favorite historical players, I've read a couple books on his life and he's very interesting) and stuck him in the Yankees organization, with the default roster having Yogi behind the plate and Mantle in Center on an otherwise OSFM roster. I got called up in Year 2, tore apart the MLB, did even better for the first half of the season, got traded to the Rangers, then to the Royals, and spent a few years demanding a trade from there because they were horrible in the game. They chose not to offer me a contract after my first All-Star year and silver slugger year (despite having 200 career homers in 6+ seasons and a .300 avg, no clue why I didn't get more All-star nods), signed with the Tigers on a 2 year, 18 million deal with club option for second year because I didn't want a longer contract than that (ended up being right call, I'll get to that in a minute). So I played the first half of the season, was having a "down year" by my RTTS player's standards, hitting .275 with 15 homers through June when I broke my wrist and missed the rest of the season after I came back and got hurt again with a couple weeks left.

The Tigers sent me down to AA, which made no real sense. They removed me from the 40 man roster, which made even less sense. I went from being labeled rising superstar to top prospect to organizational depth within two days. So, I pondered retirement. I had heard horror stories of people getting sent back down in RTTS and never getting called back up. I simmed most of April and was hitting .190, and deciding to take matters into my own hands, I played every game from late April into July. I got my average up to .390, I've hit 20 homers, and have 60 RBIs. According to my outlook/player comparison, it says exceeding expectations and I'm both rated above the MLB right fielder and the MLB center fielder. Yet I'm still not getting called up. And I'm still in Double A.

TL;DR Has anyone had an experience where they got sent down while you were significantly into your career and did you ever get called back up?

EDIT: Got called up, finally!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffey Jr
Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Damon
I just go out and play.

Last edited by ewingandoakley; 06-04-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: RTTS 15 Got sent down in MLB Year 8 after injury, never called back up

One of the things I have learned in playing RTTS is to never sim. The computer will never play you as well as you will. Sometime things certainly don't make sense when you get called up or sent down you just kind of have to roll with it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: RTTS 15 Got sent down in MLB Year 8 after injury, never called back up

This would make more sense if your rtts character was named Wally Pipp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »