Home

Manage mode

This is a discussion on Manage mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #17
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Manage mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
Here is a snip from one of my games. I like that you can see the pitch count to track how many batters your pitcher is getting ahead or behind on and how many deep counts he is getting into. Then I just save the image to a season file. I think the program is $50 and it would keep season stats for batters and pitchers, but I use the trial version and you can't save.
Nice. I was wondering what you were using.
I'll have to check it out....but I think I'm going to go with the one Tomahawk is using....sounds like it's right up my alley!
For mound visit....hit X before the pitcher/catcher-next three up overlays go away.....and hit on the catcher...he has the mound visit option on his list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Had to share guys just got my first ever No-Hitter in Mom mode with Jake Peavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome.. I've only got a few one hitters in MoM.....(that sounds weird)....closest I've gotten is a 1 hitter with 18 K's with Tom Seaver on a historical set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
You could buy a book of score cards/sheet for about $15 about 30-40 sheets. This is what I did, then just copy about 100 more at UPS store for $10. I got mine in a blinder for every game. (Sort of a stats nut I guess)
This is what I've been doing..(I actually downloaded one...and copied them...ummm....somewhere(hey...I paid taxes for YEARS there!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Just throwing this out there for you but there is an excellent free scoring app for most phones and tablets called Gamechanger. I've coached high school and travel baseball and have used the app the last 5 years. It keeps all of your teams stats and is very detailed, but extremely easy to use. It can be as detailed as you want with pitch types and spray charts. Also, you have to input everything from your tablet or phone, but everything you input is available online on your team's page.

Probably one of the coolest things besides being free is the game recap generator which automatically writes a newspaper article for each game you play. They do charge for other people to get live updates and stats, but there is no charge for the person scoring and up to 2 other admits.

Give it a try and save yourself some paper!

This sounds fantastic. Definitely trying this tonight!....
Thank you!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #18
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Just throwing this out there for you but there is an excellent free scoring app for most phones and tablets called Gamechanger. I've coached high school and travel baseball and have used the app the last 5 years. It keeps all of your teams stats and is very detailed, but extremely easy to use. It can be as detailed as you want with pitch types and spray charts. Also, you have to input everything from your tablet or phone, but everything you input is available online on your team's page.

Probably one of the coolest things besides being free is the game recap generator which automatically writes a newspaper article for each game you play. They do charge for other people to get live updates and stats, but there is no charge for the person scoring and up to 2 other admits.

Give it a try and save yourself some paper!
I just did a search for Gamechanger on my phone and surface pro and nothing came up. Is it by chance under another name?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #19
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
You could buy a book of score cards/sheet for about $15 about 30-40 sheets. This is what I did, then just copy about 100 more at UPS store for $10. I got mine in a blinder for every game. (Sort of a stats nut I guess)
I used to do that and then I would copy a bunch at work, but I am retired and unemployed at the moment. Sometimes I miss doing a pencil version but I also like the digital copy. That K-force program also allows for comments on each at bat. I haven't used it myself but I have seen the button. lol
Old 06-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #20
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Knight,

Gamechanger is excellent and very user friendly. My wife uses on the days I'm coaching the bases. You have the option to turn on hit locations for spray charts and you can do pitch types and locations., too.

I would recommend inputting schedules and rosters on the website. Easy to do it there.

One other neat feature is you can email yourself a boxscore after each game.

Hope it works out for you! Lord knows you have done more than your fair to help us!
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #21
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I just did a search for Gamechanger on my phone and surface pro and nothing came up. Is it by chance under another name?
Here's a link to their website....
http://features.gc.com/baseball/
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #22
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

If Gamechanger is not available on your system then Scorefinger (free) and iScorebook ($10) are good options. Scorefinger is very basic and easy to use where iScorebook gives almost everything Gamechanger does except it costs $10.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #23
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I used to use iScore and it was nice. You could input an mlb game and the lineups were already set live from mlb.com. I recently got a surface pro and iScore isn't available on windows based tablets. That's why I've been using the K force. Looking forward to giving this other one a try.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #24
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Tomahawk....thank you very much.
That looks great.
I think I'll actually go with the premium after giving it a whirl.
I like to support companies that offer good products with free versions.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »