Home

Kluber just ducked a line drive ball IRL

This is a discussion on Kluber just ducked a line drive ball IRL within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Kluber just ducked a line drive ball IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yeah we don't want injuries to ramp up. Then we have a bigger problem lol. They just need to move out of the way!
Honestly at this point I'd be happy if they made the ball morph right through any and all pitchers. It would look silly but better than what we see now!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Completely agree.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
The issue isn't amount of injuries. It's that they get hit to much. Injury frequency is perfectly fine.

Getting hit in the face should be an injury, no matter how often it happens.

It doesn't make sense that a 100+ MPH line drive square to the face does NOTHING to the player.

I don't think that's perfectly fine.

Quote:
Honestly at this point I'd be happy if they made the ball morph right through any and all pitchers. It would look silly but better than what we see now!

Certainly no sillier than getting drilled and the pitcher being absolutely fine, that's for sure.

Last edited by KBLover; 07-02-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2

I have had this happen several times and have screamed about it all year.. But I think I have found a work around.. Or at least it has worked for me.. I play franchise only and never on line. On my sliders, I have my injuries set low ( 3 ) I play most of my games.. When I play my game, I change the injury slider setting to 9.. It may be just luck, But the last 2 pitchers that have been hit by a batted ball, have been taken out of the game.. On the down side, i have had players hurt diving and sliding, occasionally I have a pitcher pull a mussel.. After my game, I turn the sliders back to 3 until I play again.. Can't hurt to try it.. Let me know if it works for you.. It's not a permeate solution.. It really needs to be fixed..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #12
Rookie

JoseBerrio's Arena

OVR: 0

I have played tons of games so far and just ONE time I have hit the opponent pitcher in his face. Result: believe it or not, the pitcher was out of the game.

The rest of the times that I have hit opponent pitchers (chest or legs), the result is the same: after running for the ball, they put me out at first.

Would be nice if they fix it.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #13
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah we don't want injuries to ramp up. Then we have a bigger problem lol. They just need to move out of the way!

To clarify, I meant that you would have to do both things - have the injuries happen a higher percentage of the time to places like the head or hands specifically BUT at the same time have them dodge the ball more often. Thus, you get the same amount of injuries with the dodging offsetting the increased percentage. Make sense?

Last edited by rjackson; 07-03-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #14
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

The more I play the more this becomes annoying. Countless base hits/rbis are taken away from me and the cpu. I can only feel that some of those rbis taken away lead to losses instead of wins. PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEAAASSEEEE fix this next year, SCEA!!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »