Home

Heart pounding show moments

This is a discussion on Heart pounding show moments within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9
Heart pounding show moments

Have you had moments in the show where your heart beat was actually accelerating? Just played the Giants in game 5 of the nlds with the Phillies. I played every at bat of the regular season and finished tied for the best record in baseball with the Giants and the Reds., coming off a division win last year but losing to the Padres in game 7 of the nlcs.
Anyway 3-3 bottom of the 9th and Phillipe Aumont gives up a leadoff double, so i take him out. My next two pitchers combine to pitch 6 perfect innings with 10 strikeouts until Chris Carter hits a go ahead homerun in the 15th.

The Giants manage to load the bases in the 15th with one out but buster posey grounded into a double play. I was literally sweating
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Heart pounding show moments

I'm always intense in the late innings of a perfect game/no hitter. Never have I done neither, but I came awfully close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

i had one just recently.

Wildcard matchup Blue Jays(me) vs Athletics. well we were going into the 8th inning and i managed to score 1 run by initially getting a double then a bunt then a fly out sac to score a run, so 1-0 me going into the bottom of the eighth. so i bring in Steve Delabar in the bottom of the ninth as i was facing 2 right handers. he gives up 2 singles so i then change to Aaron Loup to face Josh Reddick. well that ended up being a mistake because on the first pitch Reddick goes yard giving the Athletics a 3-1 lead. then i couldnt get anything off Tyler Clippard giving me the loss.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:23 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

The only time I have those moments is when I get to the 7th with a no hitter going. So in this game 3 times now. The first game I lost the no-no in the 7th. The next one I took into the 9th before I gave up a leadoff hit, and the last one I actually got the no-no. My heart was really going when I only needed one more out to finish that game.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
The only time I have those moments is when I get to the 7th with a no hitter going. So in this game 3 times now. The first game I lost the no-no in the 7th. The next one I took into the 9th before I gave up a leadoff hit, and the last one I actually got the no-no. My heart was really going when I only needed one more out to finish that game.
do you pitch high in the zone? because from videos of people getting no-no is when they are always pitching high.

not sure if this is true but it just made me wonder when i saw those videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
do you pitch high in the zone? because from videos of people getting no-no is when they are always pitching high.

not sure if this is true but it just made me wonder when i saw those videos.
I pitch all over. I just try to keep them guessing as to where it's gonna be. I would say 60% of the time I pitch low in the zone. Pitching high to much will just get you rocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »