Home

CPU not putting injured players on DL? Anybody else with this problem?

This is a discussion on CPU not putting injured players on DL? Anybody else with this problem? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CPU not putting injured players on DL? Anybody else with this problem?

I'm in July in my Franchise and even though im only controlling one team i try to keep the league close to reality which includes manually injuring players who got injured in real life and trying to provoke the CPU to call up prospects like Correa if they are still in the minors in the game.

While trying to make the Astros call up Correa a few weeks back i already encountered that problem:
The CPU doesnt put players i manually injured on the DL.
To get them to call up Correa I made sure his Overall was higher than any of the other options and then I manually injured Jed Lowrie, Marwin Gonzalez and Jonathan Villar and thought now they have to call up Correa. Well, no, I simulated two days ahead and see that the Astros have not put a single of those mentioned players on the DL even though they're all out for months, they havent called up Correa either, they have Catcher Hank Conger starting at SS.
Like really? What is going on?

I just ended up giving up on Correa and now i have a series coming up against the Athletics.
In my franchise, they have Cody Ross, Coco Crisp and Josh Reddick starting in the outfield, with Craig Gentry as DH.
Makes me wanna cry.
So I did the same thing again, i injured Ross, Crisp, Gentry and Fuld hoping the A's would call up Billy Burns and Mark Canha.
Nope, not happening, they had Fuld playing in Left and 2B Tyler Ladendorf. Okay, Fuld only had a cold, so i gave him a more severe injury and injured Ladendorf aswell.
Still nothing, the A's are now starting Cody Ross in CF even though he has a dislocated ankle and Catcher Josh Phegley is starting in left field.

Is anybody else having these problems too?
This is really bugging me and destroying my franchise.
Any way to work around this? I have tried to put them on the DL myself but I was unable to do that, not sure if you were able to do that in the previous games but I have some memories of being able to do that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU not putting injured players on DL? Anybody else with this problem?

When you manually injure someone you need to put them on the DL yourself or they will just sit there hurt and still on the team. If you are using 30 team control (which i assume you are since you are hurting other teams players) then there shouldnt be a reason you cant put them on the DL.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU not putting injured players on DL? Anybody else with this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
When you manually injure someone you need to put them on the DL yourself or they will just sit there hurt and still on the team. If you are using 30 team control (which i assume you are since you are hurting other teams players) then there shouldnt be a reason you cant put them on the DL.
No im not using 30 team control, im only controlling my team.
Like i dont wanna have total control over the league but still intervene if theres a nonsense trade, like for example when the Yankees sent Tanaka to the twins for two prospects with the Yankees leading the AL East and the twins without any playoff hopes left.
So i exited and injured Tanaka to cancel the trade.
But i guess this confirms that while I can injure other players, i cant put them on the DL, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »