Home

How to handle Offseason?

This is a discussion on How to handle Offseason? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How to handle Offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon_47
Ok thank you very much for the info, helps clear a few things up. I went through and checked out current salaries for the arbitration players and it is a pretty good chunk of change and thats probably whats handcuffing me. Ill have to keep playing around with it a bit.

I know I cant go after the big name players, wasnt even planning on it, just gets kinda frustrating not being able to sign a low level guy because theres things going on under the hood (and from what Ive seen in my search, Im not the only one haha!).
Yeah, arbitration-eligible guys will kill you.

One strategy is to offer them an impossibly low salary even if you have no intention of making them a serious offer or giving them arbitration. Doing so allows you to control the amount that the CPU charges you for having them on your cap until the deadline for making arbitration offers. Otherwise, those players can hijack your finances and prevent you from pursuing their replacements or other guys you really want.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #10
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How to handle Offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, arbitration-eligible guys will kill you.

One strategy is to offer them an impossibly low salary even if you have no intention of making them a serious offer or giving them arbitration. Doing so allows you to control the amount that the CPU charges you for having them on your cap until the deadline for making arbitration offers. Otherwise, those players can hijack your finances and prevent you from pursuing their replacements or other guys you really want.
Ok that is also very good to know! Thank you, certainly do appreciate it! I typically look forward to offseason management in my games but this one has been more a headache than anything. And even though Ive been playing The Show for years, this is the first time Ive actually simmed a lot of games to have multiple years in a franchise so still feeling things out a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »