Home

Reliever recovery/stamina

This is a discussion on Reliever recovery/stamina within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
Rookie

modore's Arena

OVR: 5
Reliever recovery/stamina

Posted this in the slider section a month ago and still no replies:

Any thoughts?

I'm trying to get more realism in two areas with my relievers. I'm playing these games, not simming.
1) A couple of reliever's get low on energy after about 15 pitches even when entering the game fully rested.
2) Reliever recovery time seems long. I'll sometimes get the set up men a couple days off when the energy bar is low and they still don't get back to full strength.

Reliever stamina is set at 6. Does a higher number give more stamina?
I don't see an adjustment for recovery. I thought previous editions may have had a slider for this.
Any other advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Reliever recovery/stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by modore
Posted this in the slider section a month ago and still no replies:

Any thoughts?

I'm trying to get more realism in two areas with my relievers. I'm playing these games, not simming.
1) A couple of reliever's get low on energy after about 15 pitches even when entering the game fully rested.
2) Reliever recovery time seems long. I'll sometimes get the set up men a couple days off when the energy bar is low and they still don't get back to full strength.

Reliever stamina is set at 6. Does a higher number give more stamina?
I don't see an adjustment for recovery. I thought previous editions may have had a slider for this.
Any other advice?

1) Are you talking about the popup that the reliever is getting tired or the actual green stamina bar? Because I found the Reliever getting tired popup just pops up somewhen after 20 pitches or so for the relievers later in the game. Doesnt matter whether they are actually low on stamina or have 80 stamina rating

2) Cant say I have a problem with that, i'm running my 7-men bullpen so that I always give my relievers a day off after pitching, just like its handled in real life too. And with that only rarely my reliever has not regained full stamina by the time im putting him in the game again. Like that only happens if he had to pitch a high number of pitches or two innings.
But Setup man #1 has full stamina and pitches 1 inning on Monday.
Then setup man #2 has full stamina and pitches 1 inning on tuesday
By the time its wednesday, my Set up Man #1 has normally regained all of his stamina and is good to go again and thats how it goes with all of my bullpen.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I've had relievers get tired at about 15 pitches myself, but I mainly see it happen when they are struggling. Like they give up a couple hits or a couple walks and then I see it. I also see it when I start pitching to fast, so I have to remember to slow down between pitches. Also when I get pitching that fast I'm struggling, they seem to go to together.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

modore's Arena

OVR: 5

The popup window will come up on some of the fully rested setup guys after as few as 15 pitches. The green bar won't be all the way down but will be depleted some.
And in real life the good set up men can pitch effectively two or three days in a row if they only go one inning and the innings are 'quiet'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »