Home

How to fix the crazy market

This is a discussion on How to fix the crazy market within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to fix the crazy market

First of all This applies to Diamond Dynasty, Road to The Show, and Franchise mode, so I posted this here rather than in the Diamond Dynasty subforums.

As everyone knows, lately the market has been going crazy because of hacked stubs. These users have now been banned according to the developers, but they've added a large amount of stubs into circulation that have driven market prices way up.

Many users feel that this has ruined the game and would like a fix, but they don't seem to understand how it would work. I recently posted this http://imgur.com/a/fSN3l on reddit, and a user commented with "Thanks for ruining the game!" To my surprise, the post garnered several upvotes. It seems that the community thinks the source of the problem is people selling things at high prices rather than the people paying the high prices.
This is untrue. In a free market such as The Show, prices are simply governed by supply and demand. In this case, there is currently a high supply of stubs because of the hackers. and a low supply of items because hackers cannot create those. There is a high demand for items/cards because people want to use those goods in game, and a low demand for stubs because people don't really need them. The high supply for stubs and high demand for items causes the prices to go way up because players want to buy items and have plenty of stubs to spend on them.

The way to fix the market is to reduce the supply of stubs out there by removing them from circulation in the market. Thus, I sold my items for a lot of stubs because now I keep the stubs in my account so they aren't circulating around. The result is that that after my transaction, there are 999,999,999 fewer stubs floating around than before. I then keep the stubs and then use them to place more buy orders on items and then sell them again at max price using sell orders, making more stubs for my account and keeping them there so that there are fewer stubs out there, causing the supply of stubs to decrease and the market to return to lower prices.
If any of you want to help fix the market, you should place buy orders one stub above the current "buy now" price and then sell them for one stub below the "sell now" price. Keep on doing this to reduce the amount of stubs out there.

TL;DR:Lets work together as a community to fix the market by selling items for a ton of stubs and keeping them in our account, like this http://imgur.com/a/fSN3l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 11:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How to fix the crazy market

I don't see an issue with diamond and below cards. I would have expected their prices to rise because they weren't being generated as much through DPC. People did it not just to generate stubs, but cards as well. Not as many Trouts being created? Of course his price is going to go up.

It seems like there's some shenanigans with patriotic and veteran gear, but are transactions actually occurring?

Remember that no new gear is actually being generated, so they become rarer and rarer as time goes on because some people who have that gear stop playing and are no longer active.

So take Patriotic 2K1 Maple. Buy now: 999,999,996. Sell Now: 26,000,000 (Edit: I noticed that the 999,999,996 price has been up for a long time. 999,999,995 just appeared, which sort of tells me the volume isn't very high on these items).

It was bound to happen when a guy notices he's one of the few with a patriotic glove. Of course he's going to put it on the market for 999,999,999. The sell now prices are troubling because those are real stubs that exist and up for grabs if you have the item, but I would disregard the Buy Now side. All it means is that that particular item exists and someone input 999,999,999 with their controller.

It could be the case that these people are just staring at each other. We don't have a record of transactions actually occurring at a large scale level.

If SDS wanted to get their prices down, they would generate new patriotic equipment. Hell, make then common for like an hour. Then bronze, then silver until you get them back up to legend level rarity.

Equipment doesn't have a huge impact on DD anyway since you can only apply it to one batter in the lineup. And not everyone uses their custom player.

Last edited by Spokker; 08-16-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How to fix the crazy market

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...zy-prices.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »