Home

The next step for Road To The Show

This is a discussion on The next step for Road To The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
The next step for Road To The Show

MLB The Show's Road To the show career mode is one of the oldest career modes in Sports video games since it made it's debut with MLB 06 The Show right after Maddens superstar mode.
While being a good solid career mode it's kind of gotten a bit stale over the years here are some suggestions that could help improve the mode and help it take the next step.
Character creation

In the older RTTS games we could start our player at 40 years old ever wonder if you could create an old Vladimir Guerrero or Julio Franco and see if he can keep up with the current generation of players?

In order for this to work instead of attending the Topps Amateur showcase you would tryout for different teams doing drills.
Also get rid of the forced retirement at 45 let us play at least until 55 what if I want to pull off a 2012 Jamie Moyer? or a 2007 Julio Franco.More hairstyles and body types would really help make our character well our character what if we want some dreadlocks or make him really skinny or really overweight?

Interracting with the MLB world

I don't know about you but there is this disconnect with my player and the rest of the MLB. The Radio show helps but sometimes you don't feel like sitting down and listening to the whole thing. One thing that could be added could be a fake twitter feed. It's 2015 Just about everybody is on social media.

Interacting with fans and players around the league maybe even asking the fans for their support to vote for you to make the All Star game.

(Different sport but it has a good layout)
A Fictional MLB and MilB.com website where we can keep up with whats going on in the baseball world

Manager interactions
The manager interactions need to be there at all times.
If something is bothering us we should be able to talk to the manager not stay quiet about it.

Requesting a Trade
This is a bit controversial as MLB players don't really request trades that often but it would be nice to be able to request a trade once we reach the MLB not in the minors as minor league players don't really have control over where they end up.

Pick 3 teams and the GM will make the best decision that benefits them. Even though you picked those teams you are still not guaranteed being dealt to the team you want or even traded at all.

Free Agency

Free Agency needs to be improved we need to be able to ask for a no trade clause as as well as being wined and dined by many different teams. Also we should be able to ask our agent to reach out to other teams sometimes the offers you get are from teams you don't want to play for and you end up having to "try out" for a team in spring training.

Agents

Which brings me to my next point.We should be able to hire/fire an agent each agent comes with different benefits. You could have a Scott Boras type agent that always gets you a huge payday or you could be represented by your uncle Billy and end up with some pretty questionable deals.

Money

Now that you have that agent and sign that 10 year $300 Million contract. Money from your contracts should be used to purchase drills when you're on the bench and not getting any playing time it would be nice to purchase some drills to keep your player from declining. Another use for money could be getting on a training program or diet that decreases the effects of age.
Performance bonuses they could work similar to the contract goals back in MLB 06 and MLB 07
If the goal is make 500 plate appearances or hit 25 or more home runs you would get a raise or if we make the all star game, win an award (MVP, Silver Slugger, Batting title, Gold glove ,etc..) We should get a raise
The Fans
One thing that could be a nice addition would be the fans holding up signs about your player as you come up to bat.

They can say different things if it's your contract is expiring they should hold up signs saying please stay. So could be funny holding up signs saying "Marry me." Fans get angry they should hold up signs saying Trade him. If it's against a rival they should say You suck and if it's your former team signs should say We miss you.

Batting cages