Home

AI Strategy

This is a discussion on AI Strategy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
AI Strategy

This is the first time I've started a thread just to complain about something in MLB the Show, but I was flabbergasted by what just occured in my franchise game. Bottom of the 9th. Five to Five. Rajai Davis leads off with a double. Iglesias attempts to sacrifice and ends up getting a single. Runners on first and third with Cabrera up. For some unexplained reason they don't intentionally walk Cabrera to load the bases and set up the force at home. Then to make matters worse, I have auto baserunning on and on the 1st pitch Iglesias takes off for 2nd. ????? So first no intentional walk when I've never seen that situation NOT have an intentional walk. Then my runner tries to steal 2nd for no reason with Cabrera at the bat. I was so stunned I swung and ended up popping out. Thankfully Victor Martinez sent one into the Right center gap right after to win the game and make it all moot. But again i was stunned by the lack of intentional walk AND the auto baserunning AI deciding this was a wonderful time to attempt to steal (particularly with a guy who isn't Vince Coleman or Rickey Henderson)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: AI Strategy

The autobaserunning AI seems to love to run with certain non-stealers. I'm guessing it's a hit-and-run, but since we don't know (would be nice if the 3rd base coach would give us the sign he's put on)...

For me, it's Giancarlo Stanton. The AI just LOVES to attempt steals with him and he's not even decent at it.

For the intentional walk, I think first base not being open did it. I've never seen an IBB with first base occupied in MLBTS.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah, I think this seems to be a hit-and-run, but with the batter being controlled by the user it really didn't execute that way.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Yeah, I think this seems to be a hit-and-run, but with the batter being controlled by the user it really didn't execute that way.
but even then why would you hit and run with no outs, 1st and 3rd, and bottom of the 9th with a tie score. Got Cabrera, Victor, and JD Martinez coming up. Just nonsensical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »