Home

few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16

This is a discussion on few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 04:35 AM   #9
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16

I'm liking just about all the ideas in this thread. I'd also like to see trading players for cash and international signings!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint
1) Custom schedules. Gets a little tiring playing the same teams over and over. Would love, in the offseason, to create your schedule for the following year (have criteria that teams must meet but other than that it's an open book). Even so far as to selecting the start times (within reason, of course. Also note that if you have day games during the week, it can affect your attendance...especially early or late in the season)

2) Set up uniforms. Allow us to set up what uniforms are used. For instance, in my Cardinals franchise, I am using the powder blue uniforms, white pants with the alternate Sunday cap (bird on bat) as my standard Sunday home uniform. Instead of me having to do this every time...in the offseason, allow us to set up the uniform options and select when they will be used. Even so far as to have us be able to select "turnback the clock" games where the old school uniforms can be used.

3) Stats. Have the players "card" show what teams he played for in the past and his stats. The current just shows his stats but doesn't tell us what team he played for.

4) As others have mentioned...some sort of ceremony on your home opener to commemorate you winning a division or title. Would also love to see the accurate home opener ceremonies for each team (Orioles run down the orange carpet...Cardinals have the red Chevy trucks with the players and coaches riding around the warning track and the Clydesdale horses with the wagon.

5) After a player retires, put them in the "coaches" data base so they can be hired in some aspect.

6) Not sure if possible, but maybe expand minor leagues to cover all of Class A (but not have Class A be playable but used for rosters...maybe also expand roster capacity)
I have always thought they should give us more uniform control. Im talking down to the socks. Want to wear Baltimore's throw back black pants but hate those god awful orange and black socks? Change them. I want to see more control and more choices when it comes to unis.

Stats has been hammered to death, but I agree. They have to do better tracking stats. This is a baseball sim and baseball is a stats driven sport. C'mon SCEA!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OCDHost's Arena

Here's some of my wishlist:

- International Free Agents

- Other leagues (ie: Independent Leagues, Arizona Fall League, International Leagues... look at EA NHL, they have so many leagues)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 06:58 PM   #12
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Although I dont have many "new" ideas, I'll still echo some of others wishes as I share them as well.....

-Expanded Class A-I would love to see Class A be a full 25 man roster(unplayable is fine). And then possibly add a 10-15 man Rookie ball roster.

-Real contract stipulations- Opt out dates, (vesting)options, no trade clauses(full and partial), extensions, etc. If its in a contract, put it in the game!

-GM's- I know you the player play the role of GM, but playing the role of owner would be great. Your GM would obviously have certain attributes and tendencies that would effect outcomes. Perhaps he has a reputation for "asking too much for players" and thus other teams are less likely to want to deal with him and thus your organization.

-Merch- I know some dont like it, but I am one that does. Picking and choosing merch and setting prices can give your franchise more money.

-Agents- It doesnt need to be a different agent for every player. It can be a handful of agents representing everyone(or even a handful of made up agencies). Different agents get different reputations etc....then you would know what your getting yourself into when you try and sign a "Boris Scott" guy in the offseason

-Players of the week/month- It'd be a nice little thing to see at the end of the week/month. Some people I'm sure dont keep up with everything going on in their 'chise, so it's good to know whos tearing it up.

-Expansion and relocation- It's high time for it. Perhaps only expansion once every X amount of years. Maybe you get a list of cities and you choose one and then the computer randomly selects another. And the same for relocation, every so often. Perhaps its offered to your team first and then if you decline it goes somewhere else or something.

-All unis available- I would love to have access to every uniform from every club.

-Retired players coming back as coaches- pretty self explanatory.

Secondary pitcher positions-(doesnt have to be franchise exclusive) I'd love to have a guy listed as RP/SSP(spot starter), or RP/CP so if my closer goes down they cpu would know who to slide into that role.

-Something more interactive post game- This one Im not too sure about, so Id love some thoughts....sometimes after a game is over it just seems bland. Perhaps some e-mails, or interviews with the media or something

Last edited by BrianM207; 09-14-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Some of your ideas I think just won't happen due to complexity, etc but I really like these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
-Expanded Class A-I would love to see Class A be a full 25 man roster(unplayable is fine). And then possibly add a 10-15 man Rookie ball roster.

-Real contract stipulations- Opt out dates, (vesting)options, no trade clauses(full and partial), extensions, etc. If its in a contract, put it in the game!

-Agents- It doesnt need to be a different agent for every player. It can be a handful of agents representing everyone(or even a handful of made up agencies). Different agents get different reputations etc....then you would know what your getting yourself into when you try and sign a "Boris Scott" guy in the offseason

-Players of the week/month- It'd be a nice little thing to see at the end of the week/month. Some people I'm sure dont keep up with everything going on in their 'chise, so it's good to know whos tearing it up.

-All unis available- I would love to have access to every uniform from every club.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #14
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I'm sure the majority they aren't capible of doing (yet) but just some ideas I've had kicking around for a while now

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #15
Rookie

Starducket Moon's Arena

Edit coaches.

Import SCEA players for created ones.

Import attribute changes/updates for SCEA players.

Allow players to pick All-Stars. This one might be fun for those who immerse themselves into the game. The ASG feels like an exhibition game and really could use a way to make it fun and different from the 162 game grind.

And all the other stuff posted. But stats are most important. Full back of baseball card stats that carry over year to year. Including minor league stats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #16
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starducket Moon
Edit coaches.

Import SCEA players for created ones.

Import attribute changes/updates for SCEA players.

Allow players to pick All-Stars. This one might be fun for those who immerse themselves into the game. The ASG feels like an exhibition game and really could use a way to make it fun and different from the 162 game grind.

And all the other stuff posted. But stats are most important. Full back of baseball card stats that carry over year to year. Including minor league stats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
All of these are great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »