Home

Big FA issue

This is a discussion on Big FA issue within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Big FA issue

so idk if this has been address but I just did a offseason and Strasburg was asking for $30M/year and no one would give him a dime. Well i had about $2M of room in payroll so i just threw out a 1 yr deal @ $300K and sure enough i landed him......yaaaa i traded him instantly for a low level spec ill never use cuz thatd be bs if i used him but that is something that HAS to be addressed in next years game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 12:47 AM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: Big FA issue

This could be an issue with the budget system in the game. Teams generally seem to never have budget room for anybody.

I kind of wish that budget was a effected by more than just performance since that creates a sort of snowball effect. I'm only on the third year of my franchise and I can already bully any other team with my budget if I wanted to.

The AI needs to manage their budget better and recognize when a major FA is going to hit the market. EA's NHL series does a really good job of this (mind you it's a little easier for them to program since the salary cap is universal). Also it wouldn't hurt if budgets were a little more lenient.

To counter that they should have GM goals for salary bloated teams that include getting the $s spent down. Kind of like the Yankees right now.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

I've also seen big free agent go for less money than what I have offered before in my offseasons, which is definitely not the case in real life, the big free agent always goes where the money goes.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I've also seen big free agent go for less money than what I have offered before in my offseasons, which is definitely not the case in real life, the big free agent always goes where the money goes.
Not true... at all, actually.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
Not true... at all, actually.

examples??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #6
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
examples??
BASEBALL
BASEBALL; Maddux Bolts, and Yankees Feel Jilted
By JOE SEXTON,
Published: December 10, 1992

LOUISVILLE, Ky., Dec. 9— The Yankees suffered another dispiriting setback in their campaign to acquire top-flight pitching tonight when Greg Maddux signed with the Atlanta Braves.

Maddux signed a five-year, $28 million contract with Atlanta, a deal that fell a staggering $6 million shy of the offer the Yankees had presented to Maddux. The final proposal to Maddux by Yankees even included a $9 million signing bonus.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
BASEBALL
BASEBALL; Maddux Bolts, and Yankees Feel Jilted
By JOE SEXTON,
Published: December 10, 1992

LOUISVILLE, Ky., Dec. 9— The Yankees suffered another dispiriting setback in their campaign to acquire top-flight pitching tonight when Greg Maddux signed with the Atlanta Braves.

Maddux signed a five-year, $28 million contract with Atlanta, a deal that fell a staggering $6 million shy of the offer the Yankees had presented to Maddux. The final proposal to Maddux by Yankees even included a $9 million signing bonus.
LOL look at the year, back to the good ol; days when free agents did take less. Not anymore.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #8
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Maddux also took a big discount to sign with the Cubs. Weaver left like 40 million on the table to resign with the Angels. Gil Meche retired rather than play one more year and collect 10 million. I am sure there are plenty more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »