Home

I shrunk the analog pitching meter down to the smallest size it could possibly be

This is a discussion on I shrunk the analog pitching meter down to the smallest size it could possibly be within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
I shrunk the analog pitching meter down to the smallest size it could possibly be

If you use Analog pitching, you, like me, have probably grown frustrated by the unrealistically high /accuracy the system gives you. It's my only complaint about an otherwise incredible control system. I love it, but man, it's just too easy to pitch like Cy Young out there.

I have always played with the meter shrunken down a bit, but I always kept it big enough to where I could still see the line clearly.

The other day I bit the bullet and just shrunk it down to minimum size.
Best decision I've ever made. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner.

I can't really see the meter well enough and I'd say I'm only hitting near the "perfect" line maybe once every few times. A lot more pitches are missing outside, and I'm walking way more guys than I ever was. I actually feel threatened by opposing hitting, without feeling like I'm facing Barry Bonds every at-bat (which is what it feels like when you just raise the difficulty level instead).

If you use Analog Pitching, please try this! Don't worry about the fact that the meter is hard to see, just make it the absolute minimum size allowed, and jump right in.

It made a positive difference for me, I hope and believe it will for you, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 12:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I shrunk the analog pitching meter down to the smallest size it could possibly be

I've never tried analog. Is it hard to learn?

One thing I like about Classic is that (sometime infuriating, but I'm sure real managers/pitchers get frustrated over bad command too) inaccuracy aspect.

Another thing is that I can tell by watching him pitch, how he's missing, how badly and how often he's missing what kind of stuff he might have that day. Does that aspect exist in analog? Are there some days the pitcher has bad stuff so the misses are penalized more, etc?
Old 11-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I shrunk the analog pitching meter down to the smallest size it could possibly be

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I've never tried analog. Is it hard to learn?

One thing I like about Classic is that (sometime infuriating, but I'm sure real managers/pitchers get frustrated over bad command too) inaccuracy aspect.

Another thing is that I can tell by watching him pitch, how he's missing, how badly and how often he's missing what kind of stuff he might have that day. Does that aspect exist in analog? Are there some days the pitcher has bad stuff so the misses are penalized more, etc?
its tough to start with but you can probably get the hang of it after a while. for me i just couldnt stomach it, i attempted it once and using felix hernandez, i could not for the life of me throw a strike, so i kind of just gave up on the attempt lol. im so use to meter pitching.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Meter pitching for me and I never look at the meter. I use the pitchers motion and base release point on his stride to the plate. Feels more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »