Home

Around the horn animations not played when they should be?

This is a discussion on Around the horn animations not played when they should be? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Around the horn animations not played when they should be?

I have been noticing that when ever you hit a line drive for an out right with nobody on base and less then 2 outs at the Short Stop or Second Basemen both of them throw the ball right back to the pitcher instead of throwing the ball around the horn. I am not sure right now if it also happens with the Third and first basemen too. Is that how they do it in real life also? Or does MLB The Show need to add more around the horn animations to the game in these situations?

I know some will say I am being picky but I just want MLB The Show to be as realistic as possible!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Around the horn animations not played when they should be?

If I remember correctly, Ramone said this was done to get players back to game action quicker. If so I can see the rationale but I'm with you I enjoy the around the horn animations.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
If I remember correctly, Ramone said this was done to get players back to game action quicker. If so I can see the rationale but I'm with you I enjoy the around the horn animations.
Perhaps you are correct and it's done this way to speed up the game however then why do we get to see the around the horn animation for infield pop ups and ground balls hit to all fielders with less then 2 outs and no one on base all the time? In my opinion the around the horn animation should happen for line drives too. I hope Sony will add this back including being able to see more foul balls hit into the stands instead of being cut off so quickly and also seeing the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher more often!! I really don't understand why Sony feels it needs to speed up everything by skipping all those little things that make the game of baseball what it is. Don't we have "Fast Play mode" for a reason? Leave the "Presentation mode" alone and stop speeding it up please! I bet anything a whole lot of us here want to see everything played out in full!

And please give us back the option to turn off the "HR Cam" yes I know it does not show very often but when it does I hate it!!!

I hope Sony is listing

Last edited by tnixen; 11-17-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I hope Sony will add this back including being able to see more foul balls hit into the stands instead of being cut off so quickly and also seeing the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher more often!! I really don't understand why Sony feels it needs to speed up everything by skipping all those little things that make the game of baseball what it is. Don't we have "Fast Play mode" for a reason? Leave the "Presentation mode" alone and stop speeding it up please! I bet anything a whole lot of us here want to see everything played out in full!

And please give us back the option to turn off the "HR Cam" yes I know it does not show very often but when it does I hate it!!!

I don't see the "HR Cam" too much. Perhaps because I hit from the pitcher view? (I see the hitter going into the "no doubt" animation - which I don't mind since real hitters do that - wonder if they will put that Jose Bautista bat flip in).

But I agree with the rest. One of things I noticed was seeing the ball thrown back to the pitcher (and the step in, step out, pitcher setting up on the mound animations, too) and the fouls not showing often. Yeah - leave these things for Fast Play or maybe allow "X" button past them.

Presentation mode is the "like TV" mode? Let's leave it that way with X button skipping allowed. No forced speeding up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »