Home

Trouble Pitching in Franchise

This is a discussion on Trouble Pitching in Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

OVR: 0
Trouble Pitching in Franchise

Hey everyone, I'm in my first franchise with WTNY's Sliders and I'm really struggling on the mound where i've been quite effective in the past.

I should note, this is my second franchise this year.. the first I completed with the Milwaukee Brewers (Playing all 162 games on P.A.D.'s HOF Sliders) where I was quite effective on the mound and not very effective at the plate.

I am now doing a realistic Franchise with the Astros (30 team control), and my skill seems to have flipped. I am quite effective at the plate, scoring 16 runs in 3 games (7 HR's and a Team BA of .302) but I have struggled on the mound in each game surrounding a 6.00 Team ERA and giving up 6 HR's. I'm struggling mostly after about the 4th inning (Givin' the Astros Pen isn't particularly highly rate on WTNY's rosters but I'd figure given my past experience that I would have a better Team ERA.)

Let me start off by saying that I don't want to go down in difficulty, but my team WHIP is 1.74, which is way too damn high. I guess what I'm asking is, from any of you that are used to these sliders...

Do you have any recommendations on pitch selection early in count, behind in the count, location tips at certain points in the game?
Should I consider putting more guys on Intentionally?
Michael Brantley, Lonnie Chisenhall, and Brandon Moss really killed me in this series to open the season.

Thanks guys and let me know, I try to improve at this game every time I play it because I truly believe that with the right settings, right roster that this game might be the greatest sports sim game of all time.

Thanks,
DL 99
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 01:10 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Trouble Pitching in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
Hey everyone, I'm in my first franchise with WTNY's Sliders and I'm really struggling on the mound where i've been quite effective in the past.

I should note, this is my second franchise this year.. the first I completed with the Milwaukee Brewers (Playing all 162 games on P.A.D.'s HOF Sliders) where I was quite effective on the mound and not very effective at the plate.

I am now doing a realistic Franchise with the Astros (30 team control), and my skill seems to have flipped. I am quite effective at the plate, scoring 16 runs in 3 games (7 HR's and a Team BA of .302) but I have struggled on the mound in each game surrounding a 6.00 Team ERA and giving up 6 HR's. I'm struggling mostly after about the 4th inning (Givin' the Astros Pen isn't particularly highly rate on WTNY's rosters but I'd figure given my past experience that I would have a better Team ERA.)

Let me start off by saying that I don't want to go down in difficulty, but my team WHIP is 1.74, which is way too damn high. I guess what I'm asking is, from any of you that are used to these sliders...

Do you have any recommendations on pitch selection early in count, behind in the count, location tips at certain points in the game?
Should I consider putting more guys on Intentionally?
Michael Brantley, Lonnie Chisenhall, and Brandon Moss really killed me in this series to open the season.

Thanks guys and let me know, I try to improve at this game every time I play it because I truly believe that with the right settings, right roster that this game might be the greatest sports sim game of all time.

Thanks,
DL 99
hard to say really considering no one really knows how u play...do u pound the strikezone? do u use ur pitchers strongest pitches mainly? do u know the hitters tendencies and burn them with it? do u know their cold zones? have u only played at HOU? ur in the AL and in a hitters park so dont think ur gonna be all Dallas Keuchel on everyone....that wont happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »