Home

Ball Physics

This is a discussion on Ball Physics within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Ball Physics

I seem to remember that either last year or the year before last the devs implemented a better ball physics system. Anybody remember if they said whether this would continue to be fine tuned over the next several iterations?

I feel that the ball physics off the bat are something that could still use some work. The high frequency of comebackers, little dribblers in front of the catcher, infield popups and "elevator shaft" pop-ups to the catcher are proof that the physics aren't 100% there yet in terms of replicating real life physics off the bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: Ball Physics

I am pretty sure the ball Physics get worked on every year. So I don't expect MLB The Show 16 to be any different.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-11-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

It remains to be seen whether SCEA is even aware of the problems (and the causes/reasons) you mention, since they've existed for quite some time and haven't really gotten better.

But tnixen is right. Ball physics have gotten adjustments every single year. I can only hope that SCEA addresses the issues and puts them to bed definitively.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #4
Just started!

the ball Physics get worked on every year. So I don't expect MLB 16 The Show to be any different.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
I seem to remember that either last year or the year before last the devs implemented a better ball physics system. Anybody remember if they said whether this would continue to be fine tuned over the next several iterations?

I feel that the ball physics off the bat are something that could still use some work. The high frequency of comebackers, little dribblers in front of the catcher, infield popups and "elevator shaft" pop-ups to the catcher are proof that the physics aren't 100% there yet in terms of replicating real life physics off the bat.
Add to the list:
* Sharp grounders down the lines - they die in the middle outfield and rarely turn into doubles into the corner. Primarily sharp ground balls down the line usually are foul if they are hard enough to make it into the corner. Maybe something a little funky with the ball spin logic?

* weak fouls back over the catcher's head

But overall, ball physics in MLB 15 were the best they've ever been. A few tweaks a here and there couldn't hurt, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Add to the list:
* Sharp grounders down the lines - they die in the middle outfield and rarely turn into doubles into the corner. Primarily sharp ground balls down the line usually are foul if they are hard enough to make it into the corner. Maybe something a little funky with the ball spin logic?

* weak fouls back over the catcher's head

But overall, ball physics in MLB 15 were the best they've ever been. A few tweaks a here and there couldn't hurt, though.
I think the Ball Physics have come a long way since the early days of MLB The Show. But no doubt about it there is still lots of room for improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »