Home

Getting back in The Show

This is a discussion on Getting back in The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Getting back in The Show

So I haven't played the show since 13 on PS3. Primarily due to financials or not having enough time to justify the purchase and such.

So given all the moves the Braves have been making and their current situation it has me itching to get back into the show (once 16 comes out and I get a ps4).

Had some general questions on the last couple of years of he show that I've missed.

One of my issues in previous years was the draft. Logic always seemed pretty bad for the cpu and never seemed to get much further in a franchise because of that. Has anything been done to the draft and such in the last couple years? Madden has frustrated me year after year with their rookie drafts so hope the show had made some strides.

Franchise. Or whatever it is called nowadays. This has always been and always will be my bread and butter. I'll never forget making it to the final week of the season with my Braves playing every single game only to run into this weird glitch that froze my game for months until they fixed it. Didn't make it much further after that. How has the franchise mode evolved lately. Any new additions that have made the show even better than most sports game franchise modes??

Any other noteworthy comments that will get me re energized and hyped to get back into the swing of the show are also welcomed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

rabnothimself's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting back in The Show

Franchise mode has made some strides since 2013. One of the new additions to franchise in 2015 is the new radio show. After every day is finished a short radio program is played where the commentary speaks about the days games. It will be interesting to see how they further develop the radio show for 2016, if they do.

Also the licensed equipment for bats, cleats, gloves and batting gloves was an awesome addition. It makes the game feel way more authentic. I only hope they add more brands for 2016.

Another key addition was the revamped lighting and dynamic weather. the sun position and shadows are true to life depending on not only the time of day, but also the time of year. For example, a 7 pm start time in June still has a lot of day light outside, whereas a 7 pm start time in October is completely dark already.

As far as the draft, I can't really help you out there, I don't really pay attention to who the computer drafts. Also, contracts in the game are still unrealistic and trades with the computer at times don't make a lot of sense on the computers end. I was able to acquire Jose Altuve in my Phillies franchise after the first season for Chase Utley and a couple of low rated minor leaguers, something that would never happen.

The game still has some fielding issues as well. At times, infielders and outfielders will take they're time making throws when they need to hurry, and there is a new fielding system in place for the outfield that has outfielders dropping more balls more than usual and sometimes when chasing down fly balls, a weird animation will take over you're fielder and he will just miss a catch altogether.

Despite those issues though, The Show is still my favorite sports game. It's one I play year round till the next one comes out. I'm very excited to see how 2016 works out. Welcome back to The Show! You won't be disappointed.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Any other noteworthy comments that will get me re energized and hyped to get back into the swing of the show are also welcomed.
Coming from 13/PS3, the stadiums are amazing. They've been completely rebuilt to take advantage of the PS4's processing power, and it shows.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

The radio show thing sounds awesome. Reminds me of the around the ncaa shows in college hoops 2k8. I'm used to the animation and logic in terms of trades (I usually just control every team to stop that).

sounds like the show is keeping on the right track good to hear
Old 12-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

The draft still needs work TBH...
Not the actual draft for the most part....but the process leading up to it.
The scouting...the scouts....the info you get from them....how time to scout is allotted...etc.
IMO...they made a good move when they changed it a few years ago...but it needs even more to flesh it out.

The radio show was a good start. I really hope they add on to it and maybe even have him break in during games played for around the league updates or something along those lines.
(since actual highlights of other games seems to be a tough go)

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I actually did my first rookie draft in MLB 15 back in (real life) September, since I had brought my save over from MLB 14 at about the halfway point of the previous season. I did find the AI drafting to be much more competent than 14. There where no quality prospects that had been passed over for me to steal in the later rounds. I found the results to be quite fair. It's only one draft (and a rather shallow one at that) so it might have been a fluke, but it's the only one I've done. I'm in (video game) August now.

Trade logic, while not perfect, is much improved too. Too bad I abused the trade logic in MLB 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »