Home

Crazy Double Play

This is a discussion on Crazy Double Play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Crazy Double Play

So I was playing earlier and this happened:

Runner on 2nd, 0 outs and the ball ricochets off the pitchers foot and bounces 10 ft in the air and right to 1B. It's unfortunate that I was batting, but whatevs. Crazier still is the fact that after taking that cannon shot to the ankle, the pitcher just shrugged it off with no injury... which marks the 100th or so consecutive shot I've seen a pitcher take from a line drive without being injured and forced from the game.

Regardless, it's still the wackiest double play I've ever seen happen so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #2
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: Crazy Double Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
So I was playing earlier and this happened:

Runner on 2nd, 0 outs and the ball ricochets off the pitchers foot and bounces 10 ft in the air and right to 1B. It's unfortunate that I was batting, but whatevs. Crazier still is the fact that after taking that cannon shot to the ankle, the pitcher just shrugged it off with no injury... which marks the 100th or so consecutive shot I've seen a pitcher take from a line drive without being injured and forced from the game.

Regardless, it's still the wackiest double play I've ever seen happen so far.

That was indeed a crazy looking play but the good news is in MLB The Show 16 the pitcher should be able to get out of the way a lot more on those line drives back up the middle. So hopefully these kinds of weird plays will happen a lot less often.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-20-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

Re: Crazy Double Play

My crazy Double play. As the game was installing I was playing the Giants vs. Royals warm up game. Pitching with MadBum and the new Pitch Flight Path I wasn't doing so hot. Bases loaded against me the batter hits a swinging bunt that traveled 2-5 feet from home plate. Buster Posey springs from his seat, grabs the slow roller, tags the batter running to first , then does a 180* spin and dives back to home plate to tag the runner from 3rd coming home. Inning over. Crisis averted.

From that moment I knew MLB15 was gonna be a thrill.

Idk if I hit R2 to dive back but I remember the dive.

I have seen some BS catcher animations but this was believable and that is for a different thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »