Home

What are your plans for your team in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on What are your plans for your team in franchise mode? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #9
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are your plans for your team in franchise mode?

Going with my Orioles. I tried playing with other teams but I just couldn't stick with them for a full season.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

To win a WS
Old 02-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #11
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Since retractable roofs are now in I will either run with Houston or Arizona this year. Wont make many moves if any at all. Both teams are pretty much set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #12
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm planning on doing two franchises, one with my tigers where I will try to win a world series and a 2nd with a rebuilding team like the rockies or brewers. I am planning on playing every game of every season.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:35 AM   #13
Rookie

CM1014's Arena

After much deliberation and a few sessions with my psychologist I have decided I will be spending my 2016 summer with.....The Chicago Cubs! I know it's a popular choice this season with that loaded lineup but I can't resist. Seeing that ivy turn from brown to green will be well worth it. I know Schwarber will find himself lost in that ivy on more than one occasion out there as he tries to resemble a left fielder.

I plan on keeping my roster pretty similar to what they'll look like and I won't be making any major moves. I'll probably deal for a good lefty in the pen so I don't have to see Travis Wood on my roster. Can I force him into retirement? I shall even move Adam Warren to my rotation as the #5 and I'll probably kick Hendricks into a long relief role. Javy Baez should make for an enjoyable treat off the bench late in games.

I'm planning on listening to an audio recording of Harry Caray singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during each one of my 7th inning stretches at Wrigley. It's going to be great! Go Cubs Go!
Old 02-07-2016, 06:51 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 27

I will be playing as the Phillies as usual. I am expecting to have a lot of fun with the game this year considering all of the young talent and great farm system the Phillies have now. Planning on keeping the top prospects in the minors, but if an injury occurs on the big club and a prospect is playing well then I will make the call. Same thing on the performance side of things. If Freddy Galvis is stinking it up and J.P. Crawford is tearing it up at AAA, then Crawford will be making his MLB debut. I am super excited for the game this year.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I will be carrying over my 1987 "The Quest For Donny Baseball" Yankees 30 team control franchise which is currently a month into year 2 as well as my 2014 Yankees franchise in year 2.

Once OSFM drops I will begin a brand new 30 team control Marlins Franchise!! I plan on trying to shape them into a contender as early as year 1 and moving forward look to really make some contender like moves in free agency and the trade deadline. I feel the Marlins are close and just need some veteran "juice" to get them over the hump. With Donny Baseball as their new skipper and Barry Bonds teaching the kids how to hit the ball I love their prospects. Plus retractable roof? Oh yeah some fun in the sun in South Florida!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #16
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I'm going to be carrying over my franchise that I started in 14. I don't do 30 team control and I'm one of those people who says "hey, if the computer lets me do it, it's fair".

Needless to say my team is more than a little stacked, both with current players and prospects, and I'm pretty much set for several years to come. That being said, there are still a few questions I need to answer in the coming off season that I hope to answer before 16 is downloaded onto the PS.

Lock up Bryce Harper - This is priority #1.

Move back to a 5 pitch rotation - Not really a question, as it's 99% likely to happen. Zimmerman will hit free agency, and the 5 left are a lock for next season.

Float Jose Reyes on the trade market - He might be terrible in real life, but he's been a defensive gem for me in the show and a solid #2 man in the order. Still, his contract is fairly hefty, I have plenty of talent ready to take over up the middle, and I have a sneaking suspicion that regression is right around the corner, so I will be very interested in any offers I can get for his services.

Look for a utility outfielder in FA or trade - Jose Bautista has had 2 phenomenal years with my team, but the third year has seen some intense regression hit the 35 year old. With him not likely to be back, that makes for a shortage of outfielders on the 40 man. There are possible in system solutions, but I'd prefer to keep them off the 40 man while they are still protected and developing. If Reyes does leave via trade, I could see a guy like Ben Revere being a good fit. I'd also be remiss if I didn't look at the big names hitting the FA, like Giancarlo Stanton, but those are more fantasies than realistic solutions. I can't afford those guys.

There are tons of other things to do before MLB 16 The Show hits my ps4 hard drive, but those are the biggest items grabbing my attention. The rest involves more minutia, like arbitration and financial road maps (budgeting).

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 02-07-2016 at 09:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »