Home

Question regarding pci size in conjunction with sliders

This is a discussion on Question regarding pci size in conjunction with sliders within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Question regarding pci size in conjunction with sliders

Hey guys does anyone know what truly effects the pci size or effect of getting base hits. I have 14 and 15 on the ps4 but me and a couple buddy's play a 3 team franchise together in mlb 13 on the PS3 using cloud saves to transfer it. I'm trying to reduce hits by the user. We currently are playing on the highest difficulty level and and have solid hits at 2 contact at 3 timing at 4, foul balls at 2 and power at 6. I've even lowered the contact to 0 and I've still seen 13 and 14 bit games by us. Is it the timing slider guys reduces the hits and pci. The CPU pitching sliders are 3 control 6 consistency and 4 strikes. I'd like to keep this because it gives me a CPU strike percentage of around 61-66%. Any thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Question regarding pci size in conjunction with sliders

The Contact slider would probably have the biggest effect on the PCI size itself, but there are other factors than PCI size that can make hitting easier. For example, when you lower the Pitcher Control slider, your pitchers will miss the target more often the chance of a pitch landing in a hittable location increases. That's why the slider description recommends Contact and Pitcher Control to be set at a similar value (so that when the pitcher has a poorer command, you should make it harder to hit by decreasing the PCI size, and vice versa).

You guys must be pretty good when you can generate that many hits consistently on Legend difficulty. If you don't have any issues with timing (e.g., you are not having to consistently be late on pitch in order to generate more safe hits in the opposite field), then increasing Pitch Speed is one of more direct way to make hitting harder, giving you less chance to be disciplined.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Question regarding pci size in conjunction with sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
The Contact slider would probably have the biggest effect on the PCI size itself, but there are other factors than PCI size that can make hitting easier. For example, when you lower the Pitcher Control slider, your pitchers will miss the target more often the chance of a pitch landing in a hittable location increases. That's why the slider description recommends Contact and Pitcher Control to be set at a similar value (so that when the pitcher has a poorer command, you should make it harder to hit by decreasing the PCI size, and vice versa).

You guys must be pretty good when you can generate that many hits consistently on Legend difficulty. If you don't have any issues with timing (e.g., you are not having to consistently be late on pitch in order to generate more safe hits in the opposite field), then increasing Pitch Speed is one of more direct way to make hitting harder, giving you less chance to be disciplined.
Yea I may higher the pitch speed. I don't think we're that good, we've just played the game a lot and I set all the pitchers pitch speeds using fangraphs so the differential is realistic. I can't stand she a pitcher has a 20 mph differential from his fastball to change. Plus we aim the pitching and hit only. I've prob played 6 or 7 full seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »