Home

Ball Physics look improved in 16!

This is a discussion on Ball Physics look improved in 16! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:38 AM   #9
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ball Physics look improved in 16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Auto-hit (what you're referring to) does not use different ball physics.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I'm assuming it functions the same as the community challenge tools. That is the first thing I will be doing. Setting up a ground ball down the line to see if it rolls or dies.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:02 AM   #10
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm assuming it functions the same as the community challenge tools. That is the first thing I will be doing. Setting up a ground ball down the line to see if it rolls or dies.
I'm not so sure they have custom challenges anymore. I hope not at least, people exploited the hell out of that last year.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #11
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I'm not so sure they have custom challenges anymore. I hope not at least, people exploited the hell out of that last year.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
Would be sad if it's gone entirely as it was an interesting way to experiment with the game. I don't see the issue, just have a limit on how much XP you can earn from the challenges each day or something like that. If they removed it I'd assume it was because it wasn't very popular since they could of easily nerfed the rewards from it without removing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

In yesterday's presentation stream, I did notice at 36:25, as they were having the conversation about Tulowitzki, that hit he got really appeared to be a genuine inside-out swing base hit. Those type of hits seemingly looked different in previous games. Maybe I'm just imagining it.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
They tweak it every year. We'll see once we can get out hands on it. I actually saw someone post that they think fly balls hang longer so I guess it's subjective comparing two games off a stream. If ground balls down the line get to the corner or sidewall with some speed that'll be all the improvement I need.
The problem is when they "fix" one thing it doesn't happen in a vacuum. Ground ball down the line goes to the corner - what happens if a ground ball past a diving second baseman goes all the way to the wall?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #14
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

As far as hits down the line, in a couple cases I've seen in earlier streams, I don't think it rolled away like it should in IRL.

I've personally mentioned this to the devs in CD-like opportunities and given it's been mentioned many times in the past (e.g., (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ill-lacks.html), they must be aware of the issue.

But I think it was already too late in the cycle to given more consideration. It will change the XBHs balance need to be tweaked in coordination with other factors (fielder positioning), so they probably didn't want to mess with the balance.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #15
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Ball Physics look improved in 16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The problem is when they "fix" one thing it doesn't happen in a vacuum. Ground ball down the line goes to the corner - what happens if a ground ball past a diving second baseman goes all the way to the wall?

That's why I said tweak. Hopefully they tweak the game every year to eventually get to a point where the ball can roll realistically to real life. If everything is balanced then that shouldn't happen, a ground ball hit past the second baseman would get cut off by the CF or RF. I'm not saying jack up the roll speed. I'm saying tweak the game so that the ball physics can be more realistic. We've all discussed this before, nothing we say is in a vacuum and we all get that. For example part of the issue isn't just the ball physics, but fielder speed, reaction, routes, how the ball spin interacts with the ground, etc.

The end result though is that I want to see the hit types that I see in real MLB games. Slicing liners that bounce and then hit the side wall and cause the fielder to back peddle or a grounder rolling over the base and hitting the side wall or corner for instance. Obviously a lot more than the ball physics need to be adjusted, but since the devs tweak everything every year I can see this happening one day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #16
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

They do look improved but still a couple minor annoyances. Those catcher pop ups that have a whole 1.5 seconds of hang time are still my biggest annoyance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »