Home

Issues playing friend in MLB 15

This is a discussion on Issues playing friend in MLB 15 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I press the touchpad button then challenge my friend, but it only works like 1/10th of the time. I was thinking maybe because I am a router, so I put my PS4 as the DMZ then it worked the first time but afterwards went back to not working..

Has anyone ever had this problem? I have no idea why it works sometimes and others it does not. It seems completely random. I challenge him and vice versa and we get no challenge invite. It shows he is Online in TS menus..

It works in other sports games. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Issues playing friend in MLB 15

this happened a few days ago with a friend and me. what we did was we both closed the game and relaunched then we were able to invite. but im not sure if this is the actual fix to this problem or we just got lucky.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

This has been happening a ton in our league lately. The person you are tring to challenge does not get the invite. Sometimes we have to relaunch the game 3 times to get it to go through.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

known issue since launch and never fixed, but like most have said you must restart entire system several times before a successful invite. I dont get why MLBTS does not utilize the PS4 game invite via XMB either?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah inviting a friend to play should be way easier! I mean come on it's 2016!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #6
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
known issue since launch and never fixed, but like most have said you must restart entire system several times before a successful invite. I dont get why MLBTS does not utilize the PS4 game invite via XMB either?
I actually think I have a workaround which is that. It worked after 10 failures of both of us in game inviting.

My friend quit the game so the touchpad menu showed him and as offline. Then I challenged him in game and it sent him a XMB invite, which he accepted then it had him challenge me in game and it worked..

I thought it was a networking/router issue that one of us had, but clearly this is a widespread issue. Hopefully they address this since they added play with friends to DD. I want to make them aware because this is unacceptable to not be able to play with friends if you're gonna advertise that as a new feature. It should work properly.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »