Home

Manage Only Mode Thread

This is a discussion on Manage Only Mode Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 PM   #65
Rookie

nonoirie's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Manage Only Mode Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Yes but this is not new to MLB 16. It was also in last year's game.
Thank you. I haven't seen it yet but it's probably cuz I'm carrying over from 15. I'm glad to see pitch type and speed is back!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 11:58 PM   #66
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I have a feeling that WoodWeaver got the changes in for manage mode.
Thanks WW!!!

I know you have a lot on your plate and this is not your area to work on....but we appreciate even the small changes made.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can confirm hit and run works with a man on first. I still have to try it with a man on second again.

Cool, little moment...I play with quick counts and I had a man on second with Bryce Harper coming up with one out. He came up with a 3-1 count and the next pitch was a ball way out of the zone for the walk to set up the double play. I am hoping that 3-1 generated count was not random and was the computer pitching around Harper.

So far I am 0-2 with two walk off homer losses...heckuva start to the season.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Glad to hear guys have seen pickoff attempts(wish there were more from the few games I've played....I haven't seen one yet...but I haven't had too many guys on ...especially fast ones, so there is that) and the pitcher pulling back on balls for sac bunt situations.

One thing I can say didn't get fixed is the defensive shift for not holding on a runner. The 1B will do it for 1 pitch...but it reverts back to holding. That's a chore to keep calling for.

Also(this if for all modes...not just MoM)......no way to see the bench players still.

M.K.
Knight165
I have seen a lot of pickoff attempts even for players with low speed and sealing numbers. Are you using generated pitch counts?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:19 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 2

Not counting the test innings I played on the opening night of the game’s release, I have only played one full MoM game so far and in that game there was not a lot of opportunities for either team to attempt a first base pick off. One thing I have yet to see, is when I throw over to first, does the base runner occasionally have to dive back to the base. There was one time in my game last night when the opposition had a speedy player on first. But it was in the 9th inning, I was leading 4-1 and the opposition tends to not want to steal second while behind late in the game. So the base runner got back standing each time I threw over to first. But the game is looking good. When I began my game last night, it felt like MLB 15. But as the game progressed and I was exposed to some new animations and exposed to the new way the fielders chase down the ball. It was obvious I was no longer in Kansas. MLB 15 was good. But MLB 16 is better.

Good job Woodweaver and all the other SCEA folks.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-30-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #70
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I have seen a lot of pickoff attempts even for players with low speed and sealing numbers. Are you using generated pitch counts?
Yes.....is it not in there while using that option?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

One thing which is still a minor issue - on a 3-2 count, force play in effect, 2 outs the user controlled runner doesn't automatically run. I understand why this exists because at one time the CPU was making too many coaching decisions for the user controlled team but for this specific issue it could be fixed.

I had this situation happen in a game yesterday, instructed the runner at first to steal and there were 3 pickoff attempts. That's the problem with the workaround, your runner could get picked off.

Not a game breaker, not even a major issue but if they can patch it without breaking something else it would be a positive development.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:43 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 16

Speaking of that, does the CPU still coach way too much for you or has it been toned down? Any new features this year? I haven't played since '14 so hoping there were improvements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »