Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #233
Rookie

adam42381's Arena

OVR: 5
Jeter spent most of his career batting 2nd, no? I guess he wasn't a star. Lol.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #234
Pro

boxers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Trade Slider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I was under the impression that the trade slider was related to frequency not logic though. I don't mind players getting traded a lot but there should be some kind of internal block on players being traded within the first 5 months of joining a team or something like that (like in FIFA).
Old 03-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #235
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Really really really dissapointed that online franchise wasn't touched at all. I understand the argument of priorities based on how many people play each mode but not touching the mode at all isn't how you grow it. I'm in an online Madden league that has interest in also doing a league in The Show but doesn't because the mode is too bare bones compared to the offline mode. At the very least it would be nice if they made having something more than quick presentation an option for online franchises. Really sucks the air out of you when you hit a big HR against your buddy with others watching on Twitch and skips right to the next batter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #236
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I was happy to hear about how Garcia's attribute drop was "extreme" but the examples provided didn't quite show what I would want.

Of course a player who is down in the 40s doesn't really have too much further to drop off if they struggle. Of course a player in the upper 90s won't go up much if they hit well vs LHP because the ceiling is pretty much right there.

I'm just hoping those weren't intentional examples to gloss over a potential issue. I would prefer to see players who begin in the 60's/70's with certain contact ratings and see how good/bad seasons impact their attributes.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #237
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Mike Trout gonna be a very unhappy man playing for the angels seeing he bats at number 2
Not really. If he is happy with his contract, performance, coaching, etc., he can still be quite happy overall even though he isn't hitting in a 'Star' spot in the lineup. Also, we don't know what makes a player want the 'Star' role yet. Is tied to rating so any player rated over X will automatically want the 'Star' role? Is it set based on real-life attitudes of players where some guys don't care about individual recognition but others prioritize themselves over the team? What if some very highly rated players have 'No Preference' for their role? All questions we don't have answers to until we get our hands on the game.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 03-04-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #238
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I thought they said the for those who are "Stars" if you put them in the bottom of the order they will be unhappy. I would think a player who has a "Star" would be fine with hitting in 1-5 positions.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
Jeter spent most of his career batting 2nd, no? I guess he wasn't a star. Lol.
Why is everyone talking about hitting second???? Pretty sure he put Donaldson in the 9th spot in the video. 2nd is still top of the lineup and I'm sure it won't have a negative impact like hitting 9th. Can we play the game first before jumping to conclusions
Old 03-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #240
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12
Well Mike Trout has hit in the 2 hole so hope he doesn't become angry. Imo, I think they need to make the 2 and 5 hole for stars too

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »