Home

Your trophies and person achievements.

This is a discussion on Your trophies and person achievements. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #17
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your trophies and person achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I checked last night and I'm only two away from platinum. The 15 strikeout one and the slide step one.
The 15 strikeout one for me too, and strangely enough, I have not hit a home run with a pitcher. I'm thinking of playing a few games on Rookie over the next couple weeks and see if I can get these last 2. Normally I don't care aobut trophies in any game, but I'm so close, it could be a fun challenge to keep me going until MLB 16 comes out in less than 3 weeks.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #18
Rookie

azstdogg's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
dazzelle and I did pretty much the same thing. I had auto field on all games trying to get it. I finally went into the roster vault. Looked up arcade rosters and sliders. Found the one that said nope. You play home as the Giants and away is the A's. I played in the minor league park Capital Field I believe it's called. Pitching on legendary. Fielding assist. During that game I had auto field like normal. The balls where barley making it over the fence and my players just watched the ball go over. Then I had a feeling to put it to assisted. A couple of hits later it came and I caught it. I think I was in the 3rd inning losing 22-0 because I didn't want to get outs. I wanted to stay in that inning to keep it going. If the ball is dropping in the outfield, just run to the wall and practice your jumps.
Finally got it. I was using another Nope roster file and decided to try the one you referenced. 1st pitch, fly ball to center, target circles pop, and my guy missed it. 3 hours later of pitching meatballs (while on conference calls) I finally got it. I think I had maybe 5-6 actual opportunities during that time to time the red circle. In all my DD games I don't recall ever getting a opportunity and maybe once or twice in the franchise games I played. These luck based trophies are so annoying. But, I now have the platinum in '15 and '13.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:47 AM   #19
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't have a platinum from any of "The Show" games. I do, however, have one of the rarest trophies from MLB 09. All from RttS.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #20
Rookie

pingponggame's Arena

OVR: 3

I had gotten the nope trophy without issue, naturally actually (and multiple times after without altering settings). However inducing a pop foul (sorry kid trophy) has been the death of me. I've had opportunities without trying but never succeeded. Now that I've been "trying" for it, I seem to never get the opportunity lol. I've read up on it and got some custom rosters but the opportunity hasn't been presenting itself. Does anyone recall how they induced that perfect pop up foul? Lol maybe I should stop thinking about it again and it'll come lol
Old 03-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #21
Rookie

Dwenny's Arena

OVR: 0

Finally got the platinum trophy today. Had to do 15 strikeouts in a game and buy a legend using my stubs and do a diamond dynasty game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #22
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingponggame
I had gotten the nope trophy without issue, naturally actually (and multiple times after without altering settings). However inducing a pop foul (sorry kid trophy) has been the death of me. I've had opportunities without trying but never succeeded. Now that I've been "trying" for it, I seem to never get the opportunity lol. I've read up on it and got some custom rosters but the opportunity hasn't been presenting itself. Does anyone recall how they induced that perfect pop up foul? Lol maybe I should stop thinking about it again and it'll come lol
I don't think you can induce that in your favor to get it. It's just a lucky play is all. Nothing you can do but wait for it to happen.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #23
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

First ever MLB platinum

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3466...how/HustlinOwl
Old 03-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #24
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

I still have one left to go (confession, this is PS3), which is driving in 7 with one player. I created a beginner difficulty profile, a lopsided slider set, choose the NL All Stars as the road team against some AA club... and maybe twice I've had a guy drive in six. Ugh. I actually almost got it in DD, Lorenzo Cain hit a grand slam early in the game and later hit one deep to left with two on... that went foul.

Nope also took me forever, even though I usually rob a homer at least once a year (and it seemingly glitched on me as well the first time I thought I did it). Sorry Kid took a while too, but I knew that one would happen eventually. I got Pitchers Who Rake rather early, but I figured that with Bumgarner and Cain in my rotation, that one was a given.

I've never platinumed anything yet, and given how many of these trophies were gimmes, I figured I'll actually get my first one with 15. Almost, man. Almost!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »